“Always great food and fun atmosphere”

Monterey's Fish House
Ranked #7 of 305 Restaurants in Monterey
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 20 November 2013

3 girlfriends and I visited Monterey's Fish House the first week in November at my recommendation. I have dined here numerous times over the past 10 years while on vacation from Arkansas. It never disappoints. The service is friendly and top notch, the wine list excellent (you can order any glass of wine on the list for 1/4 the price of a bottle) and the fish and seafood is fresh and prepared delectably. It was the best meal of the week. We had a great time!

There are newer reviews for Monterey's Fish House

Reviewed 19 November 2013

Wonderful food and atmosphere. Even with a reservation we waited a few minutes to be seated, but it was well worth the wait? Service was great, and the food was even better. Our order ran the gamut from scallops and crab cakes to lobster ravioli. The Fish House Pasta which I had was so tasty. Homemade linguini full of shrimp, olives, scallions, onions in a delightful broth was outstanding. Great place!

Reviewed 19 November 2013

We came here for dinner based on the trip advisor reviews but also from the bartender at our hotel. He wondered how we knew about the place and confessed to eating there regularly twice a week! We were not disappointed with the quality of the seafood. Be warned though if you are looking for a quiet romantic setting this is not it. It is a bit crowded and busy. We waited about 15 minutes for a table on a Wednesday evening. Well worth it!

Reviewed 18 November 2013

I went to the Monterey Fish House for the first time on Saturday night. The place was packed
Be sure to have a reservation. We had fresh Salmon over linguine with a vodka cream sauce.
They really know how to cook

Reviewed 17 November 2013

I loved this place. Tried to go here last year when I was in the area but wasn't able to. Glad I could make it this time around. The place was very busy and I got there about 15 minutes after they opened and just grabbed a seat at the bar. The bartender, Sam was great with the specials and generous with his pours. The food was excellent as was the atmosphere. I would definitely recommend this spot.