“Excellent even if you are not a car enthusiast”
Review of Turn 12

Turn 12
Reserve with OpenTable
Turn 12 is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #23 of 310 Restaurants in Monterey
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: Turn 12 Bar and Grill serves California comfort cuisine in an environment that pays homage to the racing community and Laguna Seca Raceways 11 turns. The menu has something for everyone. With innovative appetizers, amazing burgers, steaks, pasta, salads, weekend brunch and 14 specialty beers on tap. The main dinning room is available for large groups and parties.
Reviewed 29 May 2014

Turn 12 scores top marks in every respect, the food, the wine and most of all the hospitality are second to none. After taking lunch there earlier in our holiday, we decided to make this the venue for the evening meal on our last day, and what a special meal it was, Gina and her staff could not be more attentive. And all of that applies whether you are a car fan or not, but for enthusiasts like us, the place is amazing with some great posters on the walls and classic motorbikes strategically placed, Gina and her husband Pat are true racers and their enthusiasm for the sport is reflected in the decoration. If you haven't been to their other establishment, the Baja Cantina up the Carmel Valley, you should get up there on Thursdays, the cars that attend, from classics to modern, make it very worth while.
Incidentally, Turn 12 is the motorsport equivalent of golf's 19th hole, there are 11 turns at the Laguna Seca race track.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

Turn 12 Bar and Grill

Scene: Very modern. I saw one kid in the restaurant area but I would not think this was a place to take your kids. Turn 12 has a very LONG bar area and a lot of open space. I was here at 8pm on a Monday and the restaurant area looked barren. Looks like it is more geared towards a night drinking crowd.

Bar: The bar is full service and serves a few local drafts (Peter B's) and many out of town "micro"drafts- Lagunitas, Boont, Anchor Steam, Lost Coast.

Food: Only one thing ordered. . . the Caesar Salad. I was told it was "Bold" and with good flavor. First round I did not taste the flavor. There was no bite! to the Caesar flavor. When I asked for extra dressing, I was served a thick Caesar Dressing resembling a pre-made Caesar. i believed the bar tender when he said it was made in-house but it was not very good. But, the dressing was very bland. I love Caesar! I love bold flavors and this lacked the BOLD I was hoping for. Also, Very short on croutons.

Too often we say things are "great!" when the server comes around. This I have to say was average to below average.

A staple like Caesar salad was not flavorful and I had to ask for extra dressing and add pepper to even taste the flavor.

I would not impressed.

Reviewed 17 May 2014

Really great pulled pork sandwich for $12 including tax. Very fun place...would be great for the bar scene evening's. Great service and really good sandwich....didn't try anything else at our table

Reviewed 17 May 2014

I was looking for a nice quite place and a vary good Steak and I found both at Turn 12! The atmosphere was nice and the staff including the bus boys were vary pleasant. They have a vary nice menu and the service was fast and the food was vary,vary good! I will return when in Monterey.

Reviewed 4 May 2014 via mobile

Came here to grab a drink on a random Friday night. Not too crowded. The service was awesome. Sat at the bar and got helped by Brigette and Blake intermittently. Both were amazingly helpful while still having the right amount of upbeat attitude and wittiness. I'll definitely stop by again, hopefully they'll both be there again. If not, I might just turn around and leave.....kidding.

1  Thank Ghostdiver13