“Enjoyed the breakfast here. It was all fresh!”
Review of Old Monterey Cafe

Old Monterey Cafe
Ranked #2 of 299 Restaurants in Monterey
Price range: US$0 - US$10
Cuisines: American, Cafe
Good for: Child-friendly, Kids, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Brunch, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Seattle WA
“Enjoyed the breakfast here. It was all fresh!”
Reviewed 14 November 2013

Ate here based upon reviews. I really enjoyed the breakfast here. I tried the chicken friend steak and eggs. The meals are very large here and came with biscuits and gravy and potatoes. Way to much to finish. My only complaint is that there was too much gravy. I tasted great. I would recommend. Also the pancakes looked great. Would definitely recommend this place.

• Visited November 2013

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
Morgan Hill
“Best Breakfast in Town”
Reviewed 23 October 2013

We enjoyed breakfast both mornings of our weekend stay. Very busy cafe as they are very good, reasonably priced, and have very good service.

Visited September 2013
Massachusetts
“Perfect for breakfast”
Reviewed 5 October 2013

We had a breakfast there on a sunny October morning and it was awesome. I had an omelette - Denver Pride and my wife had a pancake. Both were really good. They have a wide variety of breakfast choices and had we stayed in Monterey a few more days we wouldn't go to any other place for breakfast. The service was prompt and courteous. They are opened at 7:30am which was ideal for our plans. Can't think of a better place for breakfast.

• Visited October 2013
“The best breakfast”
Reviewed 3 October 2013

I love this place. While we are in Monterey we come 3 or 4 times. From lox and bagels (my husband is a NY Jew) to huevos rancheros you will love this place. The service is excellent.

• Visited October 2013
Durango, Colorado
“A good breakfast”
Reviewed 17 September 2013

A good breakfast at best. The eggs and potatoes were very good, but one of my benchmarks for breakfast is biscuits and gravy and theirs were below par. The biscuits were heavy and dry and the gravy was just an average goo. I would not order them again. Service was excellent. There is free parking in the rear. Like many places in Monterey we found this place to be way over rated.
We depend on Tripadvisor for all travel planning and in most places it's been 100% reliable. Monterey for some reason seems to have many over rated eateries. Maybe it's the sea air?

• Visited September 2013