“Excellent fish, bad service ”

Sea Harvest Fish Market & Restaurant
Ranked #8 of 308 Restaurants in Monterey
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner
Reviewed 10 August 2014 via mobile

Based on the reviews, we chose sea harvest over the touristy places with ocean view. The place was crowded (maximum of 36 occupants), but we only had to wait 15 minutes for a table for two. What happened next is not acceptable, after ordering we had to wait 45 minutes for our food. I was on my way to leave when our order was served, without any explanation of this immense delay. Guests who joined after us, were served earlier and were already gone when we got our food. No refill of water without explicitly asking. But, the food was delicious, even though the portion of swordfish was small. Bad service, small portions, really good fish.

1  Thank armintoepfer

Reviewed 30 July 2014

After a long day in the Aquarium, looked for a quiet out of the way place (away from the crowds on Cannery Row) and found this small hole in the wall. When you walk in, it actually is a fish shop where you can buy fresh seafood but also has a small area for table service. After getting your seat assignment from the register (you stand in line as if you are buying fish), you get one of the 12 tables in the place. Then one of the guys wrapping fish for other customers comes to wait on your table. The menu is pretty spartan, but what they make, they make well. Calamari, fish, etc served hot with portions that just right and not greasy. Perfect for a family complete with a separate kids menu and coloring pages (did not expect that for a such a small place). The service was surprisingly efficient and friendly. This was a really great find and I would recommend it to anyone looking for fresh food at low prices and attentive service.

1  Thank Taranya
Reviewed 29 July 2014

This is a fish market that has a small dine-in area that is a few blocks removed from the hustle of Cannery Row. Menu is basic but features plenty of local seafood, all of which is fresh. No fancy views or elegant atmosphere, but if you are looking for tasty fresh local Monterey seafood, this is a great spot. Seating is limited, though they do a good job of moving people through quickly. We were there on a weekend night at 7pm without a reservation and only have to wait about 30 minutes.

Reviewed 28 July 2014 via mobile

Five of us with discerning tastes and palates enamored of excellent food descended upon a hotel concierges recommendation to sup on a phenomenal fish dinner. If you enjoy any type of seafood do not miss this local gem.

3  Thank Harinder G
Reviewed 25 July 2014

My friends and I finished up a morning of diving last weekend and wanted to find a different spot for lunch so we decided to try this place out. There was a slight wait as the tables were all full but we were glad we waited!
Checking out the fresh fish for sale definitely helped increase our appetites. I ordered the garlic and butter sea scallops which were great. I read great reviews about their clam chowder so got a cup of that too. I found it a little on the plain side but it was still good.
One of my friends got the albacore sandwich which he realky liked too (cajun style though he expected something a little more spicy). My Other friend was on a restrictive diet so he got the salmon simply grilled and served the way he wanted and that was also a plus.
The service was great and we actually got seated sooner than expected. As I mentioned above, the fish for sale looked really good. We were tempted to take some home but knew we would be too tired to cook anything after the drive home.
Will definitely go back again after the next dive trip!

2  Thank Kumi M