“Thanksgiving week”

Princess Monterey Whale Watching
More attraction details
Owner description: Princess Monterey Whale Watching has been in the cruise business for over 30 years. We are the Monterey Bay's leading company in narrated ocean and bay tours, specializing in natural history and biology of marine wildlife, especially whales! Our whale watching trips run year-round and are fully narrated by marine biologists/naturalists, all with 10 or more years experience on the Monterey Bay.
Lawton, Oklahoma
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Thanksgiving week”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 December 2013 via mobile

Abundant sea life on this tour.....from humpback whales, dolphins, sea lions, sea gulls and even a shark dining on anchovies made for a thrilling trip for this normally land locked Okie. Professional and experienced Captain and staff. So worth your time.

1 Thank gogohere

• Finnish first
Salinas, California
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Whale watching and sealife tour for families”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 December 2013

The Princess of Monterey Bay Whale Watching tours is one of a few tour companies that charge extra to ride a top their upper viewing deck. There is a an additional $20 fee but you have to arrive early to get this special perk. I recommend going on a weekday to take advantage of this offer; most likely there will be less people on top and not passed out due to seasickness.

On November 17, 2013, I went out on their vessel, "The Greatland". There were about 30 people including children on the upper viewing deck and I estimate about 40-60 people below. I saw the first whales about 30 minutes into the trip, though they were a bit in the distance. The tour continued onward to towards Moss Landing where a raft (a group of sea lions) were trailing a couple of humpback whales feeding on anchovies. We were in this area about 30 minutes and then moved off to view another group whales.

Some of the wild life viewed, were humpback whales, sea lions, sea otters, sea nettle jellyfish (are abundant in the bay), several types of sea birds. There were no dolphin or orca sightings on this trip. I was really hoping to see the orcas since local media played this up on the televised news casts.

Monterey Monterey Bay Whale Watching is an enjoying experience for families especially small children.

Ask for life preservers when you board to insure safety for your children.

There is a lot of room for roaming around on the side railings and heated interior cabins and snack bar.

Dress in layers and prepare for a day on the Monterey Bay.

Richmond
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Highlight of our trip”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 November 2013

My 23 year old granddaughter and I spent 10 days touring California in mid-October and this experience was certainly a highlight of our trip. We were fortunate that whales were plentiful when we went out and we were able to get many good photographs.
All of the whale watching companies are probably good; we chose Princess because of the size of their boat. They have an upper deck that costs an extra $20/person, I believe. The upcharge is well worth paying because not only do you get a better sight line on the whales, but as whales are spotted while you are underway it is so easy to get from one side of the boat to the other to view the latest sighting which is not the case on the main deck.

Visited October 2013
2 Thank Ken M
Toronto
236 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 403 helpful votes
“Don't miss it.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 November 2013

Monterey Bay is teeming with life. We saw it all this morning. Countless huge jellyfish. Seals. Sea lions. A stunning pair of Orcas. And then? Around 15 Humpbacks played around our boat for an hour. WOW. The boat is large and stable and staff great. Upgrade to the top deck for sure. Dress in layers. Bring binoculars. Go nuts!

1 Thank MaraFromToronto
Houston, Texas
62 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 101 helpful votes
“EXCELLENTE!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 November 2013

I am a returning customer of Princess Monterey Whale Watching. Prior to making a trip to Monterey I followed their posts on Facebook. From that I was able to determine that NOW (last weekend) was a good time to see the migratory humpbacks. I was NOT disappointed! On this particular the whales were breaching one after another....it was NON-STOP and AMAZING! One whale breached at least 10 times!! I enjoyed myself so much that a booked a second tour 2 days later. There were no breaching whales on that day but there was a large pod of humpbacks feeding. To top it off there was a large number of sea lions eating with them. SPECTACULAR! As always the group at Princess Monterey are great! THANK YOU!

1 Thank Alicia T