“Racist waitress”

Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Outdoor Seating
Dining options: Outdoor Seating
Reviewed 7 November 2013

Terrible terrible terrible customer service. Ive had bad service before, but nothing compares to the way the waitress treated us tonight! She didnt even greet us, she threw the menu at us, never checked if we needed anything but checked up on everyone else that sat around us, when asked a question, she rolled her eyes. I am never going back. I forgot to ask her name but she had two piercings on her nose. However, the owner was very nice, when I complained and told her why the waitress wasn't getting a tip, she apologized and offered free drinks and hookah next time. I doubt ill be going back...

4  Thank lgrcia05

Reviewed 1 January 2013

We were here for NYE and they must have been in high gear for the activity, because we had a great time. The patio was almost always full. We had at least three different people come by to check on us. We sat next to the fire and got a hookah and drinks. We each also got complimentary desserts which were good. We didn't try any other food as the patio menu was short which is the only reason for the 4 rating. I am curious to come back and try dinner.

Reviewed 28 October 2012

This place was hopping the Friday night we were there. Well, at least it was outside with the music and hookah lounge. Inside we were the only diners. Plus they started tearing the room down around us while we were eating so they could have a DJ and dance floor later on.
The service started out good enough but slowed down considerably as time went on. I guess there was only a couple of guys to take care of us and the crowd outside. Guess who got the better service? Yeah...not us. It was friendly though, and we weren't in any hurry, so no real complaints there.
However the food was pretty decent, in my opinion. I ordered the rogan josh (lamb) full meal which I thought was excellent; my husband got the tandoori chicken full meal, which was actually still moist and really tasty. The best thing about my meal was actually a side of lentils. Not sure what all they did to it but I couldn't stop eating it! Also there was a mango dressing on my little side salad that was quite nice.
I ended with some kheer which was good, but nothing out of this world.
All in all one of the better meals of our trip, despite the place being turned into a dance floor around us.

Reviewed 18 September 2012

Despite a positive review from diners from "the curry capital of the UK" I can say with certainty that this was the worst dining experience that I have had during an otherwise positive US trip.
With a 'korma' hotter than a vindaloo and a tikka saltier than the adjacent ocean, you would assume that this would be the low point of my evening.. However, the lack of apology when i was overcharged and not served the food that I had ordered combined with the revalation that the chef was "not working" that evening resulted in a unacceptable dining experience. According to locals, the owner of this restaurant also owns the nearby Crabby Joe's on Fishermans Wharf. I would stay clear of this too.

2  Thank mammaleper
Reviewed 17 September 2012

My husband and I are from Glasgow, Scotland - the curry capital of the UK. This restaurant surpassed our expectations. The starter and main courses were excellent; the nan bread was light and fluffy as was the rice. Don't allow the interior of the restaurant put you off. Staff were extremely courteous and efficient. Great value for money.