“Charm and Comfort”

and 1 more site!
Old Monterey Inn
Ranked #2 of 10 Monterey B&B and Inns
Reviewed 25 January 2014

Beautifully restored and meticulously kept 1920's mansion,with expansive gardens and grounds for relaxing. The hosts are accommodating and helpful without being obtrusive, the property is located in a neighborhood, rather than a commercial area, enhancing the feeling of being "at home," Fresh coffee and teas are ready early, wine and snacks appear at the fire in the afternoon, cookies and port wine await when you return from dinner. And breakfast is sumptuous and delicious, in a beautiful setting. What's not to like? Our room was the Library, with its own balcony, seating in front of the gas fireplace, comfy king sized bed. Truly a pleasure.

There are newer reviews for Old Monterey Inn

Reviewed 23 January 2014

I have stayed at many a B/B and I have to say this was one my favorites! The grounds were lovely and felt like a private oasis away from the bustle of Monterey. Lawrence and Katy certainly have provided for every possible need. The rooms had every convenience down to a gas fireplace with a timer or extra throws for a chilly evening and the bedding was oh so comfortable! Our room, The Library, was perfect and cozy for us and we especially liked the small roof patio for afternoon sunshine. The house is full of adorable treasures and antiques, the woodwork throughout the house is unique and quite beautiful. The ivy and plantings on the outside lends itself to a wonderful cottage type of feeling, yet the house is very spacious and our room felt very private, quiet and secluded. We were lucky to arrive early before the other guests had checked in and were able to peek at all the other rooms, I would have been completely happy with any of them; bathroom size and suite style rooms might be the only factor to make a difference on room choice but every bathroom (I believe) had all the small luxury touches such as the wall mounted make up mirror and blow dryer. The breakfast table was a delight in front of a warm fire and the menu was delicious and kept us full through lunch. Happy hour in front of the living room fireplace was perfect and we took our party out to the patio seating for sunset when it was time to leave for dinner. A thoroughly wonderful weekend at OMI! Thanks to Katy and Lawrence, you have a heavenly Inn!

Room Tip: The Library room on the second floor had both a wonderful view of the side garden/patio area and fro...
Reviewed 21 January 2014

I have really never been a fan of Bed and Breakfast establishments. However, now that I have stayed at the Old Monterey Inn, my opinion has totally changed. The room was wonderful. We stayed in the Stoneleigh. The grounds are beautiful and it is wonderful to just sit outside and take it all in. Breakfasts were great whether delivered to our room, out in the garden, or in traditional B&B style in the dining room. Most importantly was how welcomed we felt and how friendly everyone was. They don't miss a beat. Without a doubt, if we are to be in Monterey again, we will be staying at the Old Monterey Inn. You should consider it as well.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 January 2014

Old Monterey Inn was a great romantic B&B. Its qa beautiful historic home in a great location. Katy, Lawrence and the staff were friendly and accommodating, and took great care with all the little touches. I felt like royalty at breakfast! Highly recommend!

Room Tip: We loved the Ashford Suite, the sitting room with fireplace was great for late night or early AM fir...
Reviewed 19 January 2014

Yet another outstanding stay at Old Monterey Inn.

Owners Katy & Lawrence are constantly making improvements. The half acre garden is looking better than ever with their loving care. A new brick walkway adds to the beauty, and all the plants are flourishing, nary a weed in sight!

Garden Cottage is delightful, with a new baffle box featherbed on the King bed, making for a very restful nights sleep.
It was lovely to have a basket with stemming hot tea and biscotti put outside my door at 7:00 a.m. for a wake-up.

Fresh fruit and a Mushroom-Artichoke strata was delicious at 9:00 a.m. breakfast, hot, fluffy and perfectly seasoned.

The Inn is immaculate. Not a speck of dust, spotlessly clean.
Since Katy & Lawrence became the owners everything is looking newly painted, hallways newly carpeted, new bedding and upholstery in some rooms.
It's so nice to see someone really making sure everything is refreshed and lovely -- in an already lovely Inn.

Katy & Lawrence are considering making some additional new and elegant plans for this beloved English Tudor style Inn.
Could we see an AAA 5 diamond designation in the next few years for OMI? Only the 2nd one in all of North America? I wouldn't be surprised!

Perhaps a spacious new King bedded suite with bedroom and living room on the third floor with a peek of a lovely distant ocean view, and a lovely large bathroom?

A large new luxury cottage in the garden, with heated bathroom floors?

We'll just have to wait and see, but whatever they decide, with their impeccable taste and insistence on quality, it is sure to be delightful.

Better than any other B&B in Carmel, Monterey or Pacific Grove!
Stay here and have your stay at OMI set the bar for what a B&B should be like at its very best.
I look forward to returning again:)

Room Tip: My favorite at the moment is Brighstone, but they are all pretty!
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 5 January 2014

I spent one night at the Old Monterey Inn when I was in town for a meeting and I wish I could have stayed longer! Katy and Lawrence are running an excellent inn. The amenities, rooms and property are top notch, and I could have spent hours leisurely enjoying the stunning gardens. I am gluten free so often eating out can be difficult. Not at the Old Monterey Inn! Katy prepared a yummy gluten free french toast dish that was out of this world - the best that I have had! I am already planning my next trip to the inn and this time I am definitely staying longer to enjoy this little slice of heaven.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 29 December 2013

My husband, 18 year old daughter and I just left the Old Monterey Inn and are still savoring memories of spending the holiday in such a beautiful inn and feeling so pampered. This inn is a former 1920s Tudor mansion with lovingly restored architectural details. We stayed in a suite that was perfectly suited to us with an additional beautifully decorated sitting room with its own door, daybed, and fireplace Katy, the owner, is particularily kind and accommodating.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family