Old Monterey Inn
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Colton Inn(Monterey)
Munras Inn(Monterey)
View Hotel
All reviewsb bliving roomgarden cottagethe main houseother guestsashford suitebiscottibed and breakfastport winethe beautiful dining roomeach morningjacuzzi tubwine and cheesequiet neighborhoodeach eveningyogurtbreakfast was delicious
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 3 April 2014

My husband and I needed a few days to unwind and the Garden Cottage at this Inn was ideal. It had a fireplace in a seperate sitting area, a whirlpool bath and luxurious bed. The innkeepers were incredible hosts and the breakfasts were delectable. Quiet and peaceful with beautiful gardens. Can't wait to return.

• Stayed: April 2014
Reviewed 28 March 2014

This Inn was just FABULOUS! Katy and Lawrence made us feel so welcome. Katy was so accommodating, she thought of everything to make her guests feel comfortable. We celebrated my wife's birthday and a bottle of champagne and chocolates with a lovely note were waiting for us in our room. Breakfast each morning was delicious, especially sitting in the gorgeous dining room! The grounds were beautiful and manicured. There was also afternoon wine and cheese, port wine and cookies daily. We stayed in the Rookery and it was so quaint and the fireplace was so cozy. The bathroom was a little tight but we managed. Overall this was a great experience and we were sad to leave. We highly recommend this Inn!!!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank PGA98
Reviewed 26 February 2014

Monterey is a town filled with the history of early California. Staying at the OMI transports you back in time to experience what it might have been like to live among the gentries in this beautiful coastal community.

Katie and Lawrence have burnished and buffed this historical gem (the home of a former mayor of Monterey) until it shines. They have perfectly integrated all of the modern conveniences, luxuries and small details one would expect from a fine inn without sacrificing any of the character.

My room, the Garden Cottage, boasted thick walls, arched doorways, a window seat, fireplace and a separate shower and jetted tub. Outside my front door was a small fenced-in garden area where I could enjoy my morning hot chocolate and read the paper. Aveda amenities, beautiful 1200 thread count bedding and thick towels were just some of the fine touches I found at this property. You won't want to leave your room.

But when you do, this hideaway is set on about an acre of beautifully manicured rolling grounds located just a short stroll from shops, and restaurants. Breakfasts are served in a high-ceilinged dining room with suede-like walls and a massive fireplace. Afternoon wine and cheeses are served in the overstuffed gathering room.

As an innkeeper, I am very very particular. I took notes. They missed nothing. Probably one of the most satisfying lodging experiences I can recall.

Room Tip: I enjoyed the Garden Cottage's separate entrance and beautiful views out over the grounds of the inn. VERY QUIET.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank MendocinoInnkeeper
Reviewed 25 February 2014

I would like to give this place 20/10 stars! Everything was so perfect!

We had a couple special requests before we arrived, but the staff was incredibly accommodating. They did everything they could to make our experience perfect, and I thank them for that. They really made the trip.

We got in late, so our key was waiting at the front door along with our welcome packets. Our room was spotless, warm, and cozy. The jetted tub was used twice! We got breakfast brought to our rooms and both days it was delicious. We also enjoyed wine and cheese (omg where is that bleu cheese from??), before heading out for the evening. In the morning we said goodbye to the lovely lady at the front and she gave us a cute parting chocolate gift.

The property is beautiful. The last day we walked along the garden and enjoyed seeing all of the goofy little things hidden around the yard.

Again, big thank you to the staff for making everything so wonderful. I hope to be back soon!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank taace1i1a
Reviewed 23 February 2014

A nice spot to stay while in Monterrey. Katy and Lawrence make you feel right at home. Just off the beaten path, a mile from downtowm this lovely spot is a great place to make your home. The rooms are small but clean and quaint. The owners and staff are great, the breakfast just fine. The hospitality was nice, but not over done. All of our requests were filled with a smile and anything we needed was taken care of as soon as it was requested. We usually don't stay in B&B's but this one was great.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple