“Fabulous”
Review of Old Monterey Inn

Old Monterey Inn
Ranked #2 of 10 Monterey B&B and Inns
Reviewed 22 April 2014

What a great place! So impressed by the attention to detail, from complementary soft drink to a check out gift. Loved the option of being able to eat breakfast with fellow travellers, we had an interesting discussion about the differences between British and America culture and politics which all served to enhance our travelling experience. Stayed in the Brighstone Suite and only which we had stayed more than one night.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank SuzyRosenberg
There are newer reviews for Old Monterey Inn

Reviewed 10 April 2014

The inn keepers were extremely helpful in any number of ways - - things to see, hikes and restaurants to name a few. The breakfasts at the inn were very delicious. The particular accommodation we had - - each room is unique - - was nicely decorated and the grounds are well maintained. Be sure to visit Carmel while you're in the area.

The only down-side I can think of is that the inn is somewhat price-y, but I thought the price was justified on the basis of what you received for the money

Room Tip: I talked to the inn keepers about room selection before making the reservation. We were very please...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank evelyn_abravanel
Reviewed 9 April 2014

This inn was just incredible! Everyone there was overly accommodating. We planned a quick wedding in 5 weeks and things changed so much, but they did every thing and anything possible to make it happen. It went beautifully. The garden cottage was cute and quaint. Location was off the beaten path but close enough to walk to just about everything. I still can't say enough good things about the inn and the innkeepers. Old school charm with modern twists!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 April 2014

I recently spent 3 nights at the Old Monterey Inn, getting away from East Coast weather. My stay couldn't have been nicer. The room was beautiful and quiet. Katy and Lawrence were charming and had suggestions for everything, as well as small cards with directions to each place. The other guests were charming and we all received somewhat different suggestions depending on taste and circumstances. The gardens were incredible and had different serene spots throughout. Monterey is a gorgeous place with beautiful walks and vistas, all very convenient to the inn. I highly recommend it.

Stayed: April 2014
1  Thank shirleyvt2
Reviewed 3 April 2014

My husband and I needed a few days to unwind and the Garden Cottage at this Inn was ideal. It had a fireplace in a seperate sitting area, a whirlpool bath and luxurious bed. The innkeepers were incredible hosts and the breakfasts were delectable. Quiet and peaceful with beautiful gardens. Can't wait to return.

• Stayed: April 2014
Reviewed 28 March 2014

This Inn was just FABULOUS! Katy and Lawrence made us feel so welcome. Katy was so accommodating, she thought of everything to make her guests feel comfortable. We celebrated my wife's birthday and a bottle of champagne and chocolates with a lovely note were waiting for us in our room. Breakfast each morning was delicious, especially sitting in the gorgeous dining room! The grounds were beautiful and manicured. There was also afternoon wine and cheese, port wine and cookies daily. We stayed in the Rookery and it was so quaint and the fireplace was so cozy. The bathroom was a little tight but we managed. Overall this was a great experience and we were sad to leave. We highly recommend this Inn!!!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank PGA98
Reviewed 26 February 2014

Monterey is a town filled with the history of early California. Staying at the OMI transports you back in time to experience what it might have been like to live among the gentries in this beautiful coastal community.

Katie and Lawrence have burnished and buffed this historical gem (the home of a former mayor of Monterey) until it shines. They have perfectly integrated all of the modern conveniences, luxuries and small details one would expect from a fine inn without sacrificing any of the character.

My room, the Garden Cottage, boasted thick walls, arched doorways, a window seat, fireplace and a separate shower and jetted tub. Outside my front door was a small fenced-in garden area where I could enjoy my morning hot chocolate and read the paper. Aveda amenities, beautiful 1200 thread count bedding and thick towels were just some of the fine touches I found at this property. You won't want to leave your room.

But when you do, this hideaway is set on about an acre of beautifully manicured rolling grounds located just a short stroll from shops, and restaurants. Breakfasts are served in a high-ceilinged dining room with suede-like walls and a massive fireplace. Afternoon wine and cheeses are served in the overstuffed gathering room.

As an innkeeper, I am very very particular. I took notes. They missed nothing. Probably one of the most satisfying lodging experiences I can recall.

Room Tip: I enjoyed the Garden Cottage's separate entrance and beautiful views out over the grounds of the...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business