Best Western Park Crest Inn
The Stevenson Monterey(Monterey)(Great Value!)
US$132
InterContinental
Monterey Bay Inn(Monterey)
US$303
  • Breakfast included
Monterey Bay Lodge(Monterey)(Great Value!)
US$193
US$180
Travelocity
All reviewsroom was cleanbest westernsthe del monte shopping centerwaffle makeryogurtthe breakfast areacontinental breakfastnice place to staypool and hot tubfridge and microwavefisherman's wharfconvenient locationclose to downtowneasy accessmile drivewould stay againmonterey area
Reviewed 19 March 2013

My husband and I picked this hotel because of it's location. We are needed to be near the hospital for some medical care. The hotel was clean, our room was comfortable and roomy. We asked for a quiet room. We were on the back, 2nd floor. It overlooks a tree covered hillside. Except for the garbage truck coming early, it was quiet. You could hear the person above us on the third floor. When he sneezed, walked and got into bed. I'd stay in this hotel again, but would ask for the third floor, to avoid that noise. Breakfast was fair. Eggs rubbery, bacon paper thin, bananas were perfect and the bagels looked fresh. The hotel was very clean and the staff friendly. We hope to stay again soon, and hope for a third floor room. The breakfast room opens at 7:00. I think an earlier open time would be great.

Room Tip: Liked I noted before, ask for a room on the third floor, if you want quiet.
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 March 2013

It's always a pleasure. Staff very friendly, good location, spacious rooms and very reasonable rates, the best rates of our whole trip in the western US states. We always stop there on our travels, close to the wharf.

Room Tip: 2nd floor, some rooms at the front have a view of the bay.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 March 2013

We spent one night in a king bed suite. (Room with king size bed and living room area with sofa bed.) The motel is clean and well kept up. I slept on the sofa bed, which was comfortable enough. I didn't expect it to be great but I slept well.

There is a continental breakfast area with waffles and hard boiled eggs in addition to the standard stuff. It was a bit crowded at 7 am when it opened but we found a table. For warmer days, there are tables outside.

The two staff members I dealt with were both very nice and helpful.

The one improvement I could suggest would be a nicer lamp in the living room area. There was just a wall fixture next to the door. Not great for reading and not pleasant ambiance.

The motel is close to down town.

I would stay there again.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 February 2013

The assistance we received at the front desk and the room cleanliness were great. We were very comfortable. The only disappointment is that the pool was listed as heated, which it was not. This was a deciding factor since we have an active 5 year old and do not have a pool at home. Other than that, it was a nice stay. It is about a mile to Downtown Monterey, where we walked to dinner. We plan to return on business in the near future.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 February 2013

Clean charming room. Just close enough to everything, yet far enough to be very quiet. Very comfy bed, and super friendly staff. My husband and I had a wonderful valentines weekend ;) love the aquarium and whale trip booked with my hotel package, huge savings!!

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
ParkcrestInnGM, General Manager at Best Western Park Crest Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 24 February 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent visit to our establishment. We appreciate hearing your thoughts and your suggestions. This will assist us when evaluating our guest’s needs and expectations. I hope you will come back and give us another chance to provide you with outstanding service in the future.
Sanjay