“nice and clean”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Tel Aviv, Israel
“nice and clean”
Reviewed 2 April 2013

we stayed here for 1 night with 3 kids.hotel was clean and nice. great area, not far from the bay aquarrium. although beds could be a little better and water pressure in the shower needs a bust...
breakfast was good.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
ParkcrestInnGM, General Manager at Best Western Park Crest Inn, responded to this review, 4 April 2013
Thank you for taking time and reviewed our hotel. We are happy to hear that you had pleasant stay with us. We are committed to provide excellent service to our guest. Hope to see you in near future again.
GM

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
  • Finnish first
San Jose, California
Reviewed 2 April 2013

Keep in mind I'm a fan of Best Westerns. I just don't think this one lives up to the name. We walked into the room to find large black stains on the carpet. We didn't feel comfortable being barefoot the rest of the time we were there because of it. But I wasn't going to complain. And then the lamp didn't work. In the adjoining room where my Father and his wife were staying, their smoke alarm battery started beeping the first five minutes we were there. So we had to wait for batteries, he finally went to get them, and put them in himself. Then around 10pm that night, the power went out in the entire hotel. The manager said it was only out for 45 min, but it seemed at least an hour and a 1/2 if not more. She said it was due to the heavy rain, and it hadn't happened for two years before then. The problem is we're night owls. Going to bed before 11pm on a Sat. because the power is out and our phones are almost dead and we can't charge them...was not how I wanted to spend our weekend getaway. No games, no t.v., no phones, no lights. It took long enough for us to decide to go to bed as we had no other choice. The next day, I heard another employee tell a guest that the power goes out every time they have heavy rain. I was upset to hear this, because it was no longer an unforeseen issue that isn't anyones fault. It seems to be a known issue that Best Western and/or management are not taking care of to make sure it doesn't happen again. So after all this I talked to the manager about some kind of compensation. She ended up giving me 10% off the room. It was at least something to acknowledge our terrible stay. But, she had an excuse for EVERYTHING. I felt like I was arguing with a friend or family member (as far as her unprofessionalism.) With the stains she said I should have said something as soon as I checked in and she would have moved us to another room. I told her would it still have been a connecting room to my family? She said no it would have been a couple rooms over, but they don't guarantee connecting rooms anyway. Shouldn't my room be perfect as soon as I walk in? They shouldn't have to move me! And the lamp was just unplugged...but I had pulled the nightstand out and just couldn't tell that was the case. But she blamed us! She said when her ladies leave the room they check EVERYTHING. That we must have done it when we sat on the bed. Even though turning the lights on was obviously the first thing we did before laying on the beds. As far as the power outage she said it wasn't out for that long, didn't seem to care we had to go to bed early and had no t.v., and said the other girl "hasn't been here for that long, I've been here for nine years" and the power never goes out. Ok...why did the other girl say it does? She also said, "The power going out can happen anywhere, it can happen at home." But my point was, we weren't home, we were paying $109 to be there, and at lease at home we would be prepared for a power outage. They had 4 lanterns and other than that were totally unprepared and had nothing to offer that night besides "People should be in bed this late anyways." Also, on the way out of the room the next day, a huge pile of clothes dropped down right next to us from the 2nd floor into a bin. The cleaning lady should look to make sure no one is near her basket when she's tossing bedding in. It could have landed on us but it certainly startled us. And why was she throwing bedding over a balcony anyways?! Besides the manager the other girl was professional and friendly. And the breakfast was pretty good. Other than that, definitely won't stay here again.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
Thank you for your comments about your recent stay at our establishment. We apologize for any inconvenience. We will definitely take your comments very seriously and make sure we can provide better accommodation for our future guest. I hope you will give us chance in future to prove ourselves.
Sincerely
Loomis, California, Usa
Reviewed 28 March 2013

I have stayed in various pricey hotels in Carmel and Monterey and the Park Crest Inn by far was the best value. Its centrally located, clean, modern and not over priced. I would recommend this hotel to my friend and family.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

We are happy to hear that you had pleasant stay with us. Thank you for taking time to review our establishment. We hope to see you in near future.
Stockton, California
Reviewed 21 March 2013

We arrived on Friday night so that we could go whales watching on Saturday morning. We arrived and were checked in by very helpful staff. Room was clean and inviting. The king bed mattress (room 160) was comfortable on my wife's side on the bed, but my side the mattress seemed to be broken down. Still with that being the only problem, which I did not report to the office, our stay was enjoyable and would return again for another stay.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

We appreciate your time in reviewing our hotel. We took your comments seriously and try to improve, so our future guest will have pleasant stay. Once again thank you and hope to see you in future.
Qualicum Beach
Reviewed 20 March 2013

We were tourists in the area and found this hotel to be the perfect location to do many day trips in the surrounding area. The hotel is clean and well managed with great rates for seniors.
We booked ahead 2 nites on the internet with a great rate for the area and stayed 3 more nites with the same price honoured for the next 3 nites. That was a nice gesture. Breakfast includes fresh fruit, boiled eggs, yogurt, cereal, an assortment of breads and an automated pancake machine that we found amusing. There was plenty to choose from. We highly recommend a stay here.

Room Tip: Choose a quiet room on the second floor.
California
Reviewed 19 March 2013

My husband and I picked this hotel because of it's location. We are needed to be near the hospital for some medical care. The hotel was clean, our room was comfortable and roomy. We asked for a quiet room. We were on the back, 2nd floor. It overlooks a tree covered hillside. Except for the garbage truck coming early, it was quiet. You could hear the person above us on the third floor. When he sneezed, walked and got into bed. I'd stay in this hotel again, but would ask for the third floor, to avoid that noise. Breakfast was fair. Eggs rubbery, bacon paper thin, bananas were perfect and the bagels looked fresh. The hotel was very clean and the staff friendly. We hope to stay again soon, and hope for a third floor room. The breakfast room opens at 7:00. I think an earlier open time would be great.

Room Tip: Liked I noted before, ask for a room on the third floor, if you want quiet.
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
Powell River, Canada
Reviewed 16 March 2013

It's always a pleasure. Staff very friendly, good location, spacious rooms and very reasonable rates, the best rates of our whole trip in the western US states. We always stop there on our travels, close to the wharf.

Room Tip: 2nd floor, some rooms at the front have a view of the bay.