“Great for value”

Best Western De Anza Inn
Ranked #14 of 56 Hotels in Monterey
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 21 March 2014

Overall, my experience was very good. The hotel room was very clean. The bathroom was large and clean. The bed was very comfortable for a hotel room. The walls were a little thin. We could hear the people next door at times, so I'm sure they could hear us at times. The free breakfast was surprisingly good. My biggest complaint was the problem with WiFi. I was only able to connect with it the first day. I reported the problem to the technical support team, but they never resolved it. The computer in the lobby was down the one time I wanted to use it. Other than that, I was happy with the accommodations. We liked the ease of getting to Hwy 1 which we used a lot during our stay.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank cnleblanc22
deanza2141, General Manager at Best Western De Anza Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 26 March 2014

Thank you for your recent review of our property and 4 out of 5 rating. I am sorry you experienced an issue with your in room wi-fi and it was not resolved during your stay. The lobby computer has been repaired and we have made changes to prevent further issues which caused it to be out of service. I was pleased to know that you were happy with the guestroom and our good value.

Reviewed 18 March 2014

On the outside there is nothing special about this Hotel. But, once you get into your room it is a whole new experience. The rooms are clean and freshly remodeled. The bed was amazing. I don't sleep well in hotels as a rule, but I crashed and burned in this bed. It was an amazing nights sleep. I would recommend this hotel to anyone for business or vacation. Wonderful staff, very helpful. 5 Stars from me.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Daniel B
deanza2141, General Manager at Best Western De Anza Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 19 March 2014

Thank you very much for your complimentary review and recommendation of our property. Your comments about our beds is one that I receive often. We have high quality, green sustainable mattresses and also use a very plush topper. This adds to the overall comfort of the beds. Thanks again for taking the time to post your comments. I wish you safe travels!

Reviewed 16 March 2014

Free parking. Inexpensive. Room is huge. There is a microwave and refrigerator.
Bay window so you get pretty good lighting. Ideal for doing work at the desk.
Continental breakfast has hot items such as sausages and eggs. Fruit and hot drinks (coffee, tea, hot chocolate) are served all day. Breakfast room (it’s the lobby, basically) is small with only 3 tables, though it was never too busy during our stay.
I accidentally left my cellphone charger in my room. The hotel called within 5 hours after we check out. When I went back to pick it up, my charger was wrapped up in a clean plastic bag.
I found nothing wrong with this hotel so I give it a 5.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
deanza2141, General Manager at Best Western De Anza Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 17 March 2014

Thank you for your candid review and top rating. Your description of the room and property were spot on. I was happy to learn we were able to assist with your phone charger and you were pleased with the manner in which this was handled. We make every effort to contact guests when items are left in the room after check-out. Thanks again for taking the time to post your comments.

Reviewed 16 March 2014

We always prefer to stay at this hotel when we are in Monterey. This was our first time back in several years but it did not disappoint This is the best value that is available in this area. This hotel is very up to date and is in great clean condition. The decorating is very nice and the bed was very comfortable. We definitely look forward to returning here the next we visit Monterey.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank very much for your wonderful review of our property. We sincerely appreciated your enthusiastic comments regarding our value. Yes, we think we are the best value in the area too! We are grateful you took the time let us know we exceeded your expectations and you will be back to stay with us again.

Reviewed 15 March 2014

This Best Western was a very accommodating hotel for a family reunion. Great family suites..location easy to find and close to everything...nice pool area, and breakfast choices..already planning next years reunion.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western
deanza2141, General Manager at Best Western De Anza Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 16 March 2014

Thank you very much for complimentary review and top rating of our property. You mentioned a few of the reasons families choose to stay with us. We make every effort to accommodate requests and this can be especially helpful when traveling with children. We look forward to welcoming you for your family on your next reunion. Thanks again for taking the time to post your comments.

Reviewed 14 March 2014

polite staff ... comfy beds... clean room ... would recommend. Great value for this area. I would stay here again in a heart beat! We did the whole coast L.A. to San Francisco . It was our favorite place to stay ... two nights...

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you very much for your lovely review and recommendation of our property. Your review title "Great Place to Stay" says it all. Your comments were appreciated and I wish you safe travels.

Reviewed 13 March 2014

Impressed, clean large room. Easy check in, beautiful corner room with king bed. Quiet, and close enough to walk to a restaurant. We asked the woman at the front desk and she suggested a little Italian restaurant two doors down, great location and great choice. We enjoyed our stay.
Breakfast was good with a variety including eggs and sausage.

Room Tip: Loved the corner room