1,489 results
All reviews ocean view beach access falling asleep sound of the waves rooms are small oceanfront room bike path hotel restaurant cannery row smores whales seaside pits bay coast california wharf
Reviewed 12 April 2017

I'm thinking location is all that this hotel expects as a draw. The exterior and rooms need updating. The walls are paper-thin - we heard every utterance of our neighbors' conversations as well as convo's of passers-by outside our room. The lobby is pretty bare and the rooms are basic. Front desk reception was bare minimum. We checked in early, left our bags. Returned at 8:30 PM and had to knock at a dingy door to find the front desk guy. Very disappointing. We paid a premium price for a king-sized room on the ocean. Won't be back.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 April 2017 via mobile

This use to be a Best Western and stayed there every year for over twenty years. The hotel is located right next to the beach and the views are great from most of the rooms. I did have a few problems with this stay. Rooms weren't ready when promised. Thought we were booked on the higher floor and we were on the ground floor. Told rooms were next to each other and they weren't. Told we could have an one o'clock check out and we were locked out of our rooms. Still lovely location.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 April 2017

We were really looking forward to a night on the beach with our son. On arrival at the Monterey Tides, the manager informed us that our prepaid reservation was cancelled because the hotel had overbooked. His solution was a yellow post-it note with Expedia's phone number and an incorrect reservation locator ID. We made the reservation a month in advance and were never contacted. Don't go there.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Shauna Y
Reviewed 11 April 2017

I booked a room, the day before I was to arrive I called to confirm, they told me I had no reservation and no more rooms available. so I found another place to stay. When my credit card bill arrived I had been charged $219.00 from Monterey Tides. Again I never even stepped foot in that place. My credit card company called to dispute claim and Monterey Tides sent them info stating I had stayed there and denied such claim. Still trying to get my money back.

Room Tip: Don't stay here
  • Stayed: January 2017, travelled on business
General M, General Manager at Monterey Tides, a Joie de Vivre hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 April 2017

522rsmith,
I am so sorry to hear about this issue. Please reach out to me so I can assist in getting it resolved and hear a little more about how this could have happened.
-Brent
831 655 7800
bmcnally@ jdvhotels.com

Reviewed 8 April 2017

We had a bad experience while checking in. Am still trying to solve the problem. The food was average. Housekeeping was just OK. The TV and remote only worked sporadically. Slow wifi. The employees were nice. Being located on the beach was the only good thing about this overpriced hotel.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled on business