“Great stay”

Best Western Plus Monterey Inn
Ranked #13 of 56 Hotels in Monterey
Reviewed 21 July 2014

I was very pleased with this Best Western. I try to stay at Best Westerns whenever I can since I'm a rewards member and the prices are usually really good. We did arrive early and I forgot check-in wasn't till the afternoon. The lady at the front desk kind of gave me a weird look when I gave her my name and said I had reservations. Then she told me I was too early and check-in wasn't until 3pm. I know some places will try to get you in early if they can, but she didn't even check to see if there were any rooms available. Not a problem, we decided to go to the aquarium and have an early dinner. The hotel has a nice lobby. The room was clean and a really good size. We had a balcony but no chairs to sit outside. We did face the street and it was a bit loud (we kept the window open since there's no AC). However, the street noise didn't bother us. The room was clean and the bathroom was nice. We did take advantage of the continental breakfast. The breakfast room was crowded but we always managed to grab a table. There was a good assortment of breakfast items: make-your-own waffles, sausages or bacon, eggs, cereal, danishes, toast, bagels, donuts, oatmeal, etc. My son and husband used the pool and hot tub. We checked ahead and were told the pool would be heated. However, both my son and husband said the pool was pretty chilly. The staff at check out (in the morning) were pleasant. Overall, we had a good stay and I would definitely come back again.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
There are newer reviews for Best Western Plus Monterey Inn

Reviewed 21 July 2014

This was one of the nicest Best Western Motels I have stayed in. If they were all like this Best Western I would be a loyal Best Western Customer. Although I think they should have their continental breakfast begin earlier, everything was to my standard and expectations. I recommend this motel for anyone visiting this area for business or pleasure. It is centrally located and secure parking in the parking deck gave me a sense of security for my vehicle as well.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 21 July 2014

Imagine a hotel with no air conditioning. It does not matter where it is, or what the climate is like, no air conditioning, and sun beating down on the building, means the rooms are hot. The area means the rooms are humid. When it cools down outside, the room is still hot and humid. No cross ventilation, only a sliding glass door. The ceiling fan stirs up the hot and humid air, until well after dark. Apparently you cannot just assume that a hotel, even one THAT expensive, has air conditioning. Other than that we had a great time...

1  Thank R Gary H
Reviewed 21 July 2014

The hotel was okay.In room coffee maker,fridge,balcony and hot complimentary breakfast were some of the highlights.
The staff was great especially Joshua.He was very accomodating and promptly fixed a problem we had at checkout.
The walk to the wharf wasn't bad and we would stay here again!!!

1  Thank Yosemitesteve
Reviewed 19 July 2014

My room, and those of a few of of my relatives, were all tidy and pleasant. Not huge, but not too small either. In all, it is a nice value compared to other hotels in the area.

The hotel itself is well kept. The decor in the lobby is amazing for a Best Western! The cafe upstairs was pretty good, and was easily able to accommodate a group of 15 (with split checks) for a birthday celebration. Being right on the beach is a major plus, and your kids can go off without you having to worry.

With long hallways, one may need to walk a long way to get to one's room.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 July 2014

Last minute decision to stay here, as our plans changed. Good choice for us (party of 6, three generations, 2 rooms).
Rooms were vey large. Comfortable. It was quiet, even with the motorcycle event in town.
Convenient to fisherman's wharf and aquarium. Nice area for walking for exercise.
Dining area is too small, but food is ok, average. Lobby décor very nice.
Parking was very convenient. A refreshing change from San Francisco.
Minor complaints: "business area" computers in lobby would not connect to Internet. Not very useful. Staff couldn't fix them until the computer guru arrived Monday. Also, there are too few electrical outlets in convenient places in the bedrooms. When we travel with a CPAP breathing machine and 4 or 5 chargers, it would be nice if there were more outlets convenient to the tabletop surfaces and night table.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 July 2014

The hotel décor and cleanliness is good. The breakfast offered at this hotel is typical...what made it rather uncomfortable was dire lack of space for the amount of guests and the bad organization of food, cutlery and condiments. Very difficult to find things and too small a space to avoid not running into several other adults and children. Beds are not the best at this hotel, but the rooms are nice and large.

2  Thank debrag1957