“No Honesty Here”

Ranked #28 of 55 Hotels in Monterey
merced
“No Honesty Here”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2013

My husband and I stayed here for my birthday on Saturday May, 25 2013. I inadvertently left a pair of very special shoes behind. We checked out Sunday and went directly home where I unpacked and realized I had left my shoes. They were very unique and the last thing my mother gave me before she died. I immediately called the manager and left my information. He promised to call me right back when he had the shoes. He never called. I kept on it calling every day, several times a day leaving the same information again with the manager as well as with the owner and front desk man. They always promised to call right back but not once did they. Finally one week later I spoke again to the manager who said they did not have my shoes. Despite having a lost and found policy they were never turned in or logged in by housekeeping. I told him exactly where I left those shoes and offered a $50 reward. I am responsible for leaving them behind, however nothing overides honesty, especially if you want to operate a good business. The manager said he trusted his staff and thought I was a liar. I got angry and advised him that California law requires the finder of property to make a reasonable attempt to locate its owner, otherwise keeping the item is THEFT! My family has stayed at this location more than 50 times only because it's cheap and we were attending relatives' graduation ceremonies from the Naval Academy. Not a single one of us will ever go back.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
Sacramento, California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2013

We paid $175 for two nights through Expedia for this hotel or as i put it, "motel". there is a reason why their website does not show you the outside of the hotel. http://pacificinnmonterey.com/... ripped carpets on outside stairs, chipped paint, old railings, and just old. the place needs a facelift badly! That is a cheap price for this area. But considering that I was fooled by the pictures all together, i feel ripped off. the inside of the room was better. the bed was pretty firm. The sinked was plugged (filled up with water) and only two bath towels that felt old and used. the bathroom did not seem clean and the paint was chipped in the room too. It felt more like a motel 6 than a "hotel" and I can not see paying more than $50 a night for this. We never had the breakfast but were also never told about it. Ian seemed nice but gave me no receipt and treated me different since i paid through Expedia. He never said anything about the breakfast. The whole experience was strange and i would not go back. Don't let their website fool you people.

Room Tip: they are also not organized, were suppose to reschedule me and did not, they found a room at last mi...
1 Thank D C

Travellers are raving about these Monterey hotels

South Yarmouth, Massachusetts
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 May 2013

My husband and I stayed here one night on a recent road trip in California. The first thing we noticed was that the area and the other guests were a little sketchy. The front desk clerk, while attempting to be amusing and helpful, was a bit strange. After assigning a room to us on the second floor, he asked us to wait a minute and ran up to inspect the room and then assigned another room to us on the first floor!?! The room we got was no prize, I can assure you. I can only imagine what the other room was like. The room we got had badly stained carpeting and towels that were very thin and stained. They should have been replaced a long time ago. We went out to a local restaurant for dinner and when we returned, our parking spot was taken. We had a couple of other choices in parking spaces, but took care in selecting one that was under the lights for a small measure of security. To the hotels credit, the bed was very comfortable and had nice bedding. But that being said, we couldn't wait for morning so we could get out of there. It was a good price, but no bargain, in my opinion.

1 Thank Christine N
California
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 April 2013

The staff person we dealt with here was very nice, and they waived the dog fee for us. They have mini fridges and microwaves in the rooms. But that was where the positives ended.

We arrived late and found that they gave us a room with two full beds -- way too small for both me and my husband. So we ended up sleeping in separate beds (weird). The room reeked of cigarette smoke and we both have allergies. I opened the window to let in some air and realized the area outside was very noisy -- cars going by, doors being slammed, people talking, etc. The blanket on the bed was extremely thin and it was pretty cold; I couldn't find any extra blankets in the room.

I went out to the car at one point and walked behind a guy who reeked of marijuana. When I took the dog out in the morning, there was almost no where for her to do her business. I ended up finding a small piece of dirt littered with cigarette butts.

All this for 9 hours at $100. No wonder they waived the pet fee; if we'd paid $125 for that, I would have bee livid. We won't be coming back.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
Camarillo
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 March 2013

I've stayed at this motel 3 to 4 times in the last year. manager is friendly and helpful. it is clean and excellent at this price range. It's also a good location with market and restaurants within blocks.

they are no longer part of the best western chain so let's see if it changes for the better or worse.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with friends
North Las Vegas, Nevada, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 February 2013

I checked in during late November 2012 and paid for 4 nights in advance. After becoming very sick, I decided to return home the next day. They refused to refund my three days in advance that I had paid. They said they would send me a check. I have called twice and each time they said a check would go out the next day. I wrote a letter of complaint to Best Western, but they could help because their contract with the Ramona Inn had been cancelled. Now it is February 2013, almost 3 month have gone by and I still have not received my refund. I would not recommend this motel.

Room Tip: find another motel
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled on business