Comfort Inn Monterey by the Sea
The Stevenson Monterey(Monterey)(Great Value!)
US$132
US$217
US$178
Official Hotel
  • Free Internet
Monterey Bay Lodge(Monterey)(Great Value!)
US$193
US$180
All reviewsroom was cleanvietnamese restaurantmake your own wafflesyogurtexercise roomwhole foodsfree breakfasthard boiled eggsrefrigerator and microwavewould stay againmile driveroad tripqueen bedsan franciscobig surcannery rowfisherman's wharf
Reviewed 3 September 2012

we have a double bed room, the room is small but pretty clean, seems they have remodeled the bathroom . Service is great and rapid. front desk staff are warm and nice. breakfast is ok for not picky person. This hotel also provides 2 days in one price ticket for aquarium.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
TravellerMonterey, Front Office Manager at Comfort Inn Monterey by the Sea, responded to this reviewResponded 5 September 2012

Thank you for appreciating our efficient service and clean rooms. We are glad you were able to take advantage of the 2 day aquarium ticket for price on one day. We always have valuable offers featured on our website. Look forward to serving you in the future trip to Monterey.

Reviewed 2 September 2012

I was a bit concerned after reading the review regarding bed bugs. So I talked over the phone to the manager about this. I felt all my questions were answered and she also offered the pest control service company they used. I felt very safe keeping my reservation, and am very glad. The two rooms we had were very clean and comfortable. I recommend this for anyone who is going to the Monterey Aquarium, or Fishermans Wharf. I didn't regret it, and would stay there again.

Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family

Thank you for your kind words and that you and your group were happy with our services and accommodations. We are sorry that you had to visit Monterey on a sad occasion and hope that your next visit to Monterey will be for pleasure and a little rest and relaxation!

Reviewed 15 August 2012

I booked several rooms at the Comfort Inn on the 1200 block of Munras Avenue in Monterey, CA. The occasion was a Celebration of Life for a Monterey-based attorney who had unexpectedly died of virulent cancer, so it was a sad occasion and to encounter problems with the hotel would have been very trying.

I'm pleased to say that this unpretentious little hotel/motel came through for us 100%. The sales manager, Ms. Castro, very extremely helpful at all points, and patiently walked me through Comfort Inn's rather unwieldy on-line booking process.

The Comfort Inn itself, while located on what passes for a busy main street in Monterey is actually fairly quiet; the grounds are neat, clean and simply but pleasantly landscaped. Moreover, it is very near to all the main attractions -- the old downtown, the Aquarium, Yacht Club and wharves -- a reasonably fit walker could get to all these destinations on foot, if need be. All this, and we got probably the cheapest rooms in this rather expensive tourist destination.

When we arrived, we all found our rooms to be immaculately clean, and they were kept that way all during our stay.

This is a great budget option -- no fancy shops, restaurants, but there was a pretty decent breakfast included in the price of the room, plus an exercise room and swimming pool. This was a great bargain, and not even the more upscale members of the party had any complaints.

I will definitely make this my stop when I'm in the Monterey area. I highly recommend it.

Room Tip: The rooms at the foot of the property opposite the street are the quietest. However, I stayed near the reception and it was very quiet there, also.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Norma V
TravellerMonterey, General Manager at Comfort Inn Monterey by the Sea, responded to this reviewResponded 17 August 2012

We are so glad that we came through for you a "100%"!!! Clean rooms, great value, free breakfast, fitness rooms, courteous service.... Thank you for appreciating our Guest Service Agents and Housekeeping staff members. They all work very hard in providing a pleasurable stay and we are proud of each of them. Sorry that your reason to visit Monterey was not for pleasure. However, we do hope to see you when you do come to Monterey on a holiday.

Reviewed 4 August 2012

Last week we stayed at this motel for a night on our road trip down the PCH. We were freaked out when we saw a bed bug - maybe two. Wrong choice. Disappointing to say the least. Does this warrant a credit at least?

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank malabartoronto
TravellerMonterey, Front Office Manager at Comfort Inn Monterey by the Sea, responded to this reviewResponded 17 August 2012

We take concerns like yours very seriously. Please call us to help investigate your concern. Ask for Front Office Manager. Thank you.

Reviewed 3 August 2012

I stayed at this Comfort Inn in June 2012, and it was a very nice stay. I am a frequent traveler and spend quite a few nights away from home. I was in Monterey for a week, and while it wasn't perfect, it was a very pleasant surprise. My room was cleaned well every day, the hotel is real close to a mall (that has a Starbucks!), and the bathroom was deceptively huge and roomy. If you are looking for high Choice Hotel standards, I would definitely pick this hotel. While the parking is pretty condensed (not much room to back out, but saw plenty of big SUVs there), and the breakfast area is real small (I just took food to my room), I would definitely stay here again !

Room Tip: Stay here if you want the most for your buck
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
3  Thank Dutch S
TravellerMonterey, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Inn Monterey by the Sea, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2012

I am glad we were a "pleasant surprise", especially as you are a frequent traveler and know your hotels. Yeah for Starbucks at the mall across the road! Next time you visit us try the newly open Provence Bakery (about 5 stores down from Starbucks). Great Croissants or breakfast sandwiches. They open at 6am. See you on your return trip to Monterey. Call hotel direct and we can book the same room for you based on availability.