“Glad we Stayed”

Ranked #20 of 56 Hotels in Monterey
Perth, Australia
“Glad we Stayed”
Reviewed 10 July 2014

My wife and I stayed here on our drive from LA to San Francisco as it was close to the Big Sur area.
The place is great, clean, comfortable with friendly staff and in a great location close to Highway 1 and also close to the town centre.
Check in was quick and easy and our room was huge, the bed was very comfortable. If I am ever in the area again this place would be my first choice to stay in again.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank mundo61
Management247, Front Office Manager at Comfort Inn Monterey by the Sea, responded to this review, 11 July 2014
Dear Mundo61,

Wow! We are thrilled to be your first choice in accommodations in Monterey! Thank you! I’m so happy to hear you found our hotel clean, comfortable, and in a great location. Monterey has a vast number of things to do, so it helps that we are in such a central location for our guests. Thank you for your kind words regarding our friendly staff. We want you to know how much you much your kind remarks mean to us! Thank you again, and we hope to see you on your way home from San Francisco!

Travel safe!
888-930-7666

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (150)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 8 July 2014

The accommodations at Comfort Inn Monterey By the Sea was very good. Mala, a guest relations staff, was exceptional and very responsive to our request. She provided the highest quality of customer service and professionalism.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Alice S
Management247, Front Office Manager at Comfort Inn Monterey by the Sea, responded to this review, 9 July 2014
Dear Alice S,

Thank you for your review and your positive mention of Mala. Our staff prides themselves on being friendly and helpful in every way possible, so I’m delighted to hear that she left such a favorable impression. Mala is such an assist to us at Comfort Inn Monterey By the Sea! I have shared your great compliments with her and she joins me in thanking you for such high praise!

We are looking forward to providing you the same pleasant service the next time you are in town.

Reviewed 7 July 2014

Wonderful, friendly service. Arrived too early to get into our room , but desk manager checked us in and gave us our key early. Room was comfortable, hotel is quaint, clean, easy to find. Will stay again!!!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

1 Thank Pam G
Management247, Front Office Manager at Comfort Inn Monterey by the Sea, responded to this review, 8 July 2014
Dear Pam G.

We appreciate that you took the time to write a review! I am delighted that the front desk was able to accommodate you with the early check in. Our first priority at Comfort Inn Monterey by the Sea is customer service. Our housekeepers work so hard to make sure that the hotel is in pristine condition.

We look forward to seeing you again when you are in the Monterey area!

Reviewed 7 July 2014 via mobile

The room was ok. Breakfast for USA was really good. The coffee slightly thin - but nevertheless an all around good stay for one night before hitting HWY#1. Internet is free and the code provided without asking during check in. The staff is friendly.

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Lamaril
Dear Lamaril,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review! Our delicious complimentary hot breakfast is a delightful way to start your day. Guest service is our first priority at Comfort Inn Monterey by the Sea, and everyone on our team is delighted that you enjoyed yourself so much.

Safe Travels on HWY#1,
Pickens, South Carolina
Reviewed 5 July 2014

The room was great for the low price. Also, there was an issue with charges for the room and the Front Desk Manager(Janea Elliott) worked countless hours to correct the mistake. She provided exceptional customer service!!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear Tabby70

First off, please let me thank you for your kind compliments. I am so pleased that we were able to get everything taken care of. Thank you for being patient while I worked with the bank. I am delighted you enjoyed your room.

Please come and visit us again!

Best Regards,
pleasant ridge, mi
Reviewed 2 July 2014

This is a budget motel. It is priced correctly. It was great for our family bc it had separate rooms. One bedroom with a door and another room with 2 queen beds. Not luxury but we were not going to spend a lot of time there. I little musty. Good breakfast!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
4 Thank drdotbrown
Management247, Front Office Manager at Comfort Inn Monterey by the Sea, responded to this review, 3 July 2014
Dear drdotbrown,

I am delighted we were able to provide you with a good value motel! I am pleased Comfort Inn – Monterey by the Sea was able to fit your families needs. Our breakfast is so delicious – I am glad you enjoyed it.

Thank you for staying with us and we hope to see you soon.

Plano, Texas
Reviewed 2 July 2014

We stayed at this motel, recently, for 3 nights.

The outside of the motel looks charming. There are a lot of beautiful flowers and plants placed all around the premises.

On night 2 of our stay, the smoke detector in our room went off and wouldn't stop. When I grabbed it to see if I could take the battery out, a swarm of large black ants exploded out of the smoke detector and across the ceiling. My kids were freaked out, as was I. I started mushing the ants on the ceiling and I called the front desk. The gentleman at the desk was very nice. It wasn't his fault this was happening. He told me there were no rooms available for us to move to. I called a few other places in town and they were all booked. The guy working the desk brought me wire cutters and I cut the wires of the smoke detector and the employee carried it away. He called me and said there was a nest inside it.

The rooms are musty smelling. They are patched here and there on the walls. There is obvious water damage repair here and there. There was an outlet cover that was broken in half so we could see right into the wall.

The bathrooms have been updated fairly recently with granite counters.

The beds are very springy with zero support, but I like that they are queen size.

The free breakfast is OK. The scrambled eggs were really bad and I question if they are real eggs, but they had hard boiled eggs so I had those after tasting the scrambled.

The swimming pool is very, very warm. Almost too warm. But fear not about Monterey being too cold to swim. This one is hot.

There is enough parking for everyone on a full night.

This place is right across the street from a nice shopping center with Starbucks, Island Burgers, Sushi, a Rite Aid, and other shops/restaurants.

I wouldn't go back simply because the rooms are smelly and I'm wondering what other nests of bugs exist, plus the beds are very old and springy.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank scotmwalker
Management247, Front Office Manager at Comfort Inn Monterey by the Sea, responded to this review, 5 July 2014
Dear Scotmwalker,

I truly appreciate your comprehensive feedback. We want to hear the experience of our guests, good or bad. I am sorry for the discomfort you experienced as our guest. Our rooms and grounds are sprayed regularly for insects. I’m as shocked as you must have been to know there was a nest of ants in your smoke detector. The appropriate departments have been notified and the issues are being resolved.

Thank you for your kind words regarding our front desk employee. I’m happy to hear he was helpful in getting you what you needed to remove the smoke detector. We want each and every guest to enjoy every moment as our guest. I’m sorry that was not your experience. I hope the other aspects of your trip to Monterey went well. We hope you will give us another chance next time you are in our area.

Best Wishes to you and your family,