“Comfy Hotel”

Ranked #20 of 56 Hotels in Monterey
Santa Cruz, California
“Comfy Hotel”
Reviewed 6 August 2014

It was a small but very clean room. There was a yummy, warm breakfast in the morning. We were able to take our Lacey girl doggie, which is important to us when traveling. It was a good value for a basic room you just want to sleep in, not spend a lot of time in.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Management247, Front Office Manager at Comfort Inn Monterey by the Sea, responded to this review, 8 August 2014
Dear seashoregal05.

I’m delighted to hear you found our hotel to be comfy and very clean. We take the cleanliness of our hotel very seriously, and know our guests do too! We are happy to hear Lacey also enjoyed her visit. Our four legged guests are just as important as our two legged guests! We hope you and Lacey will return soon!

Warm Regards,
888-930-7666

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (150)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed 6 August 2014

was a very quaint hotel, clean, and had an old motor lodge type setting and feeling but was modernized....we stayed in a room with a king bed and a separate room had a twin bed with the largest bathroom I have ever seen in a hotel....was a nice place to stop for overnight accommodations or more if you are wanting to stay and visit all the shops and restaurants which are all within 5 minutes from the hotel

Room Tip: chose the room with separate bedroom if traveling with family
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family

Dear missingsomeone2,

I’m happy to hear you had a wonderful stay with us. Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay for fellow travelers. It is the voice of our guests that we value the most. I hope you were able to take advantage of our close proximity of all that Monterey has to offer. We hope to be able to host you again in the future! Best of luck to you and your family.

Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 5 August 2014

This hotel was no where what i expected for the money-the only thing good was its location--the shower drain would stick causing me to manually hold it up from time to time to allow the water to drain-the desk lamp had one burned out bulb and one that was about to fall off-the room was musty-the pool was being cleaned the entire time and was never open to use for all 5 days i was there-the free breakfast was not worth it at all-i was disappointed with this place-the girl working the front desk was nice-i will not be staying here anytime soon,,,,,,one more thing-was never able to get on the computer from the lobby.

Room Tip: go some where else
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
Dear JohnGenova,

Please accept my apologies for failing to meet your expectations. I’m sorry for the issues you encountered while our guest. I have shared your comments with our maintenance team and they have corrected any issues with your room. In regards to the pool, we actually have two pools. The larger of the two is always in operation, heated, and open to guests from 7am to 10pm. The smaller pool is beautifully maintained, although not used. Please always feel free to contact the front desk. We are happy to assist you any way possible. That’s what we are here for! I’m happy to hear you had a good experience with our front desk staff, and that our location was a good fit for you. We hope you will decide to give us another chance next time you are in Monterey!

Stamford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 August 2014

Booked as a one night stop over on our way from SF to LA. Quick pleasant knowledgeable receptionist aided progress to our accommodation and choice of sightseeing. Room allocated was massive clean, tidy and well presented, comfortable bed with parking directly outside. Price included the breakfast which was not expected good selection, hot cold with a most attentive member of staff (very nice lady). Good location easy to find, good accommodation at a very reasonable price. Highly recommended.

Room Tip: All rooms seemed clean and tidy with parking outside. We opted for first floor for additional secur...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
• Dear skeg289

We are delighted you chose our property as your stopover on your way to Los Angeles! Thank you for your kind words in regards to our knowledgeable staff, clean rooms, comfortable beds, and tasty breakfast. We appreciate your compliments and hope you enjoyed your stopover in Monterey! We hope to see you on your way home to San Francisco!

Drive Safe,
Roseville, California
Reviewed 2 August 2014 via mobile

We wait 20 min to check in the front desk guy Lyle very rude to all the people there we were sharing our experiences and taking while we wait , I call 2 days before to ask for a remodel room with a new bed and new bed they say it was gonna be ok. To my surprise they gave me the worst one with wet carpet smelling like urine with wet dirty rug , the bathroom was dirty they forgot to flushed I complain and to my worst nightmare the mattress was old and you can feel the springs . No body helped me I had to sucked up , I didn't choose this crappy place I don't recommend it

• Stayed August 2014
Management247, Front Office Manager at Comfort Inn Monterey by the Sea, responded to this review, 5 August 2014
Dear Lillyjoe25,

I would like to sincerely apologize for your discomfort during your stay. At the Comfort Inn – Monterey by the Sea we take our guest satisfaction very seriously. I wish you had asked to speak with me while you were still in house. I would have been happy to do anything in my power to make your stay better. We want each and every guest to have the most enjoyable stay possible and leave with a desire to return. We hope you will give us another chance when you are in Monterey. Thank you for your feedback and review.

Kind Regards,
Manteca, California
Reviewed 31 July 2014

This was a wonderful place to stay. We had the Family Suite for our family of 6. The room was very comfortable for all of us to relax after a day spent at the beach. Our children enjoyed the outside porch area in front of our room. The beds were so comfy so we all got a great nights sleep. There was a great variety of breakfast choices in the morning to satisfy everyone.

There was a outside mall just around the street from the hotel. We found a great place to eat dinner and walk around to window shop afterwards. We will stay here again next year.

Room Tip: We had a corner Family Suite which was located in the second parking area down the stairs. I was ne...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family

1 Thank Raquel M
Management247, Front Office Manager at Comfort Inn Monterey by the Sea, responded to this review, 1 August 2014
Dear Raquel,

I’m delighted to hear you enjoyed our comfortable family suite for your family vacation! After a long and fun day of exploring or playing in the ocean it’s nice to be able to have a little room for your whole family to stretch out and relax. Our grounds are fun for children to explore, especially finding and looking for the wildlife in the wooded areas in the mornings. We look forward to seeing you next year!

Thanks again,
Reviewed 31 July 2014

Price was great for the area, impressive free breakfast (I am a waffle person so it was a very nice treat :)) free wifi and the room had a fridge, microwave and coffee maker. Bed was decent, but overall we were 110% happy with Comfort Inn by the Sea! It was a last minute idea to stay and it met with our expectations and more! The staff was wonderful and accommodating! Will definitely stay here again!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Amanda,

I’m thrilled to hear you enjoyed your stay 110%! It’s always nice when a last minute decision turns out to be a winner! I’m so glad you decided to stay with us. Thank you! I’m glad to hear you enjoyed our waffles. I hope you were able to try are yummy blueberry flavor! It’s one of my favorites. All of us at the Comfort Inn Monterey by the Sea thank you for your kind words and complimentary review! We are excited for your next visit to beautiful Monterey!

Best Wishes,