“excellent value”

Days Inn Monterey-Fisherman's Wharf Aquarium
Ranked #47 of 56 Hotels in Monterey
Reviewed 2 February 2014

Many excellent qualities. Location, ideal for Carmel and beautiful pacific ave to downtown Monterey. Rear rooms overlook an oak forest. Lovely furniture and beautiful duvet covers on the beds. Perfectly clean with marble bath. Highly recommend.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
daysinnmonterey, Manager at Days Inn Monterey-Fisherman's Wharf Aquarium, responded to this reviewResponded 23 February 2014

Advisor regarding your recent stay at our hotel.
I am glad you enjoyed your stay at our hotel & we do appreciate your business.

Again, thank you for staying with us.

Reviewed 31 January 2014

We stayed in the suite with a fireplace and whirlpool tub for two:). The front desk manager was helpful and very kind. We've been coming here for years. The new management is friendly and informative. We highly recommend this hotel! Easy on the pocket book with all the necessities. Great value and location.

• Stayed: January 2014
daysinnmonterey, Manager at Days Inn Monterey-Fisherman's Wharf Aquarium, responded to this reviewResponded 21 February 2014

Advisor regarding your recent stay at our hotel.

Thank you for for your kind words regarding our hotel.
It was a pleasure to serve you & hopefully in the near future we get a opportunity
to do it again.

Again, thank you for staying with us.

Reviewed 31 January 2014

Running late, I received a call from Sanjeet Singh, he was concerned that I had not made it yet. He was pleasant and kind. He knew I had been traveling and wanted me to know he would wait for me. He assisted me with the directions as I had taken the wrong exit. Sanjeet made me feel secure about my choice to stay at this days in. When I called he shared that the fireplace was not working when I made the reservation, he had it fixed by the time I got here. I stay in many Wyndham hotels and resorts. This is the kind of service is what I want while traveling. He made me feel he would be there to help at anytime. It's so reassuring to know when traveling that Sanjeet is here for all of us that stay here at Day's Inn. He deserves to be recognized and promoted accordingly. Thanks Day's Inn and Wyndham you made the right choice with Sanjeet. Please take a look at Him!!

Room Tip: The jacuzzi rooms are very nice!
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
daysinnmonterey, Manager at Days Inn Monterey-Fisherman's Wharf Aquarium, responded to this reviewResponded 19 February 2014

Advisor regarding your recent stay at our hotel.

We are also very happy to have Mr Sanjeet Singh on our team. I will compliment him on your behalf.
Again I am glad you enjoyed your stay at our hotel & we do appreciate your business.

Again, thank you for staying with us

Reviewed 21 January 2014

Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends

Reviewed 2 January 2014

I enjoyed the stay there at Days Inn. My husband and I got to Monterey and tried a few of the hotels on Munras Ave. as we always stay in that area when we visit however no one had any rooms for 4 nights. We got to Days Inn and thankfully they did and the price wasn't so bad either so we agreed to stay there. It was nice. It was a little small but cozy we didn't need much except for a room to rest our heads. The TV was nice and up to date, the fridge was a decent size. The continental breakfast was great as there were a lot of options to choose from. The only semi complaint I would have is that it was winter and a bit cold and the blanket was thin so it would have been nice if the blankets were a little thicker. I'm sure if I would have asked they would have given me another blanket as they were very nice and friendly but the heater warmed up the room and I ended up being just fine. I would definately stay here again on my next visit.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
daysinnmonterey, Manager at Days Inn Monterey-Fisherman's Wharf Aquarium, responded to this reviewResponded 18 February 2014

Advisor regarding your recent stay at our hotel.
I am glad you enjoyed your stay at our hotel & we do appreciate your business.

Again, thank you for staying with us

Reviewed 31 December 2013

First let me say that had we arrived around midnight - we're from the East coast so it felt like 3 am for us - we would not have spent one night here. When we arrived there was no one in the office. Upon going to our room we found it to be hot and dirty. The comforter was badly stained. The air conditioning unit was directly below the window and when it was turned on it blew the curtains open exposing the bed to the parking lot and highway just beyond. We had to place our suitcases in front of the window and pull the handles up and lean them against the curtains to keep them somewhat closed. The walls are so thin that you can hear everything in the adjoining rooms - the shower curtain opening and closing in the rooms next to you, the chronic cougher, the television, etc. Calls to the front desk were repeatedly unanswered and went to voicemail. At 6:30 am my husband went out for a walk and came back a half hour later telling me that he had booked us at another hotel. He went to the office to check out. Again there was no one in there, the door was locked and no sign of the coffee and continental breakfast they advertise (although considering the condition of the room I don't think we would have wanted to eat or drink anything there). We were beginning to think we had checked in to 'Hotel California' and would not be able to leave. My husband had to come back to the room and after three attempts to phone the front office he finally reached someone. We had booked this hotel for three nights and checked out after one - the manager never even asked why. I guess it wasn't a remote experience. We moved to Hotel Abrego. It was more expensive, but worth every penny!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Thank Christopher & K... H
daysinnmonterey, Manager at Days Inn Monterey-Fisherman's Wharf Aquarium, responded to this reviewResponded 12 February 2014

Dear Guest