“Friendly staff, free wifi, but weird storage usage in the stairwell”

Hilton Garden Inn Monterey
Ranked #19 of 56 Hotels in Monterey
Reviewed 22 June 2013

SO this hotel is wonderful. The rooms are large, the beds are ultra comfortable, the staff (front desk, maid, bartender) are all very nice. The bath amenities are from Bath and Body Works, as one expects from a Hiltons. My third floor balcony is huge and very private. The rooms have free wi-fi as does the lobby, plus the lobby has warm cookies in the late afternoon/evening and free flavored water. The hotel has free parking in a garage. The food the restaurant makes is delicious and can be ordered in the bar too.

My only complaint about this hotel that the stairwell that is mostly open air and how you get from one floor to the next and to the lobby and parking area, if one doesn't want to wait for the elevator which is very slow is stacked with boxes of what looks like bed frames (made in china is stamped on these huge boxes) and with table legs and other things I would expect would be kept behind the scenes. Maybe they ran out of storage space but it is kind of tacky.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo

Reviewed 21 June 2013

This hotel has an odd mix of layout and fixtures, but it all works well. I only stayed for one night but I was very comfortable and I enjoyed the quirkiness. Furniture is a bit older, fixtures are outdated, the semi-underground parking is "different", but I really liked it. Like I said...quaint and quirky.

And the staff is eager to help. I would definitely stay again.

Room Tip: Check in early so you can enjoy the surroundings.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 21 June 2013

This is a value stay. I like that internet access is free, and the staff was delightful. The food was also very good, however the guest rooms were noisy and the room was a little crowded. Overall I was pleased with the stay and would probably stay there again, since I felt like I got what I paid for. The staff really made up for any minor shortcomings, the noise did not interrupt my sleep any.

Reviewed 20 June 2013

Reviewed 19 June 2013

We got a very big room at the corner and it was very quiet, everything looked clean and nice since they also clean the duvet daily. We already have plan to stay there again in the future. The location is great as well since it's very close to the Monterey Bay Aquarium and the Fisherman's Wharf.

Reviewed 16 June 2013

Though it isn't a small hotel, we feel we are treated as family. We are remembered and our wishes are attended. We love the breakfast, the pool/hot-tub, the beds and especially the staff. I wish they served lunch and dinner.

2  Thank sallyandsteve_12
Jayson Z, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Monterey, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2013

Thank you for very kind review. I hope that next time you visit us you will dine in our separate restaurant Pacific Grill to try our wonderful Dinner options. You may also dine at or Lobby Bar if you prefer a more casual setting. Thank you again for the great review and we look forward to seeing you soon.

Reviewed 11 June 2013

While travelling down the coast we stayed in the Hilton Garden Inn for a night, the hotel was lovely and the staff were so kind and generous to us we were sorry we only had one nights stay there. Def would recommend

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Jayson Z, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Monterey, responded to this reviewResponded 12 June 2013

Congratulations on your marriage and we thank you for choosing our Hotel as one of your celebration stops. Our goal is to always provide an experience that you will want to recommend to friends and family. Thank you for sharing your experience and make sure to stop back on your Anniversary!