This hotel is well located within a short drive of Fisherman's Wharf and Cannery Row without being in the midst of all the bustle, and has ready access to Highway 1. Staff is friendly and helpful, grounds are attractively landscaped, and the pool area is very nice. It has a decent restaurant with a great made-to-order buffet breakfast. Rooms are a bit cramped but comfortable, and there is plenty of counter space in the bathroom (something many hotels stint on). The bathroom's motion-sensing nightlights are a welcome amenity. On the downside, the underground garage lacks signage to tell you what room numbers are closest to which elevators, a major inconvenience when you are toting luggage and want to find the shortest route to and from your room. Rooms could also use better sound-proofing. Our room was on the first floor, and we could clearly hear the people above us walking back and forth. My biggest complaint is that the furniture in this hotel seems to be designed for giants. This petite (five-foot-two) lady had difficulty getting in and out of the high bed, and there is not a chair or sofa in the room or lobby that someone under six feet tall would find comfortable. All things considered, we were not unhappy with our stay, and would recommend it to others with the caveats noted.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hilton Garden Inn Monterey just completed a full property renovation April, 2013 and sits nestled among majestic Monterey Pines and mature Live Oaks in a dramatic and colorful garden setting. We are conveniently located near California's scenic Highway 1, 1/2 a mile from the beautiful beaches of Monterey Bay, and less than three miles from Monterey Peninsula Airport. Our tastefully appointed hotel guestrooms and suites offer: Individually controlled heating and air conditioning, Private outdoor balcony, In-room refrigerator, microwave and coffee maker, complimentary wired and wireless high-speed Internet access and 42 inch flat screen hi-def TV's.Self-parking is available to all guests for $14/day. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Hilton Hotels Direct, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), Ebookers, Odigeo, Ctrip TA, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Hilton Garden Inn Monterey reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Garden Inn Monterey Hotel Monterey
- Monterey Hilton Garden Inn
- Hilton Monterey