“Just excellent!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #13 of 55 Hotels in Monterey
Sao Paulo, SP
“Just excellent!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 July 2014 via mobile

Everything surprised us. The staff is very helpful, the room is extremely spacious and clean, the location is great and the price is very reasonable! Everything you need is in walking distance and the parking is free so you don't need to worry about the safety of your stuff.

Stayed May 2014
JasonSantaCruz, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Monterey - Cannery Row, responded to this review, 18 July 2014
What a great review! Thanks for taking the time to share your comments about your stay. I'm happy that you enjoyed our property, and that you found our location and parking to your liking. We look forward to seeing you again on your next trip to the area!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (125)
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 June 2014 via mobile

From check in to check out, this hotel has an A++ score!!! This weekend was at least my 10th time staying here in the last couple years. It's my "go-to" hotel when planning a trip to Monterey. I always try to book the King room with sofa. My gosh...the bed is so comfortable and the room is very large with a full size sofa that becomes a bed. We never need it for that but it's great to have a comfy couch to sit on when watching TV. The TV is a 42" flat screen with DirecTV. Lots of channels and HBO. The room is so clean!!! There's a fridge and a safe and a pretty large closet area along with many drawers for storage. The staff is SO FRIENDLY!! You also get free continental breakfast and a wine and cheese reception every afternoon at 5:30. I've traveled the world and can honestly say that this is the most comfortable place I stay! Great job!!!

• Stayed June 2014
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Wow! What a glowing review! It means a lot that you took the time to share such great comments. I'm very impressed that throughout your travels we're the most comfortable hotel you've found. Staying with us at least 10 times is very impressive, as well -- we really do appreciate your choosing us again and again for your visits to the area. I hope that we get to see you again soon, and that we continue to see you for years to come!
Redlands, CA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 June 2014 via mobile

Whenever possible I stay at an HIE and this one of the best. I really liked the updated decor of my room. The exterior is pretty and in keeping with the location. My friend commented when we drove up that she didn't recognize it as an HIE. The staff is friendly and helpful. The location could not be more convenient. The only flaw is that you have to go up a few steps (with luggage) to get to the elevator from your room.

Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
I'm so happy you enjoyed your recent stay with us! Thanks for taking the time to share your comments on TripAdvisor! I hope that we have the opportunity to have you with us again soon!
Huntington Beach
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 June 2014

Warmly greeted by the host and check in was a breeze. Room was clean and good sized. Our room had partial bay view. Bed was quite comfortable, not too soft or firm. Room has small refrigerator, coffee maker, sofa, desk and Wi-Fi. Breakfast was good and a nice variety, but some items suffered from being kept warm. Hotel is located within walking distance to Aquarium and Fisherman's Wharf.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thanks for the great review! I'm glad that you enjoyed your stay with us, and that our staff, your room, and our amenities worked so well for you. I'm happy that you were able to make use of our excellent location nearby Cannery Row and the Monterey Bay Aquarium, and I hope that we have the opportunity to have you with us again soon!
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2014

I traveled here with my family last year and we had a great time! The location of this hotel is everything!!! Literally steps from Cannery Row. I am a runner, and the running path is right outside the front doors of the hotel. The hotel is walking distance to the Aquarium (about 10-15 min) and local shops and attractions.

The hotel serves a nice free breakfast which is a plus traveling with a family, is clean, and quiet. Would love to stay here again, but it is a little on the high end price wise.

p.s. there is a nice little café across the street of the hotel (I forgot the name) that served good food for a good price.

Room Tip: We had a room on the top floor, 1 king and sleeper sofa, and we had a nice partial view of the ocean...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
I happy to read that you enjoyed your recent stay at our property. I'm glad that our location and proximity to local attractions worked so well for you! Thanks for the great review, and I hope that we have the opportunity to see you again soon!
Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2014

Stayed in a spacious room with a King sized bed and a sofa bed with partial sea view. The hotel is very clean and well maintained. There are ample parking lots at the basement. Short walk to Cannery Row or you could hop onto the tram which stops right outside the hotel.

Breakfast is at the lobby area with limited seating. Be prepared to share a table with fellow travelers or wait a little. Good variety including hot dishes, cereals, juices, pastries, pancake, hot chocolate, coffee and tea.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
What a great review! Thanks for taking the time to share you comments on TripAdvisor. I hope that you had a chance to see some of our local (and very close by) attractions, such as Cannery Row and the Monterey Bay Aquarium. Thanks again, and I hope that we get to see you again soon!
Birmingham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 June 2014

Stopped off here for one night while doing a road trip down Route 1, the receptionist was so friendly and helpful, and very willing to assist with receipt of my luggage which my airline kindly lost for me - I can't full remember his name but I think it was Sanjay? In any case, a true gent and we appreciated his help, friendliness, and the tip off for local food places.
Room was bigger than we expected, cleanliness was good, nothing too glam but did exactly what we needed and we were glad to find somewhere that night so easily.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for the excellent review! I'm glad that our front desk agent was able to assist you with your lost luggage, but I'm sorry you had to undergo such an ordeal during your vacation! I'm happy to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and that your room and staff worked so well for you and your family. I hope that we have the chance to have you with us again in the future!