“Great stay in a great place - would definitely come back!”

Mariposa Inn and Suites
Ranked #31 of 55 Hotels in Monterey
San Francisco
“Great stay in a great place - would definitely come back!”
Reviewed 15 May 2011

We were pleasantly surprised by the value for the price of this hotel. The staff was helpful from the beginning, always willing to give a hand or respond to our requests right away. The room was a "townhouse suite" and had 2 floors with 2 beds as well as 2 bathrooms, all very nicely furnished and decorated. There was even a fireplace, microwave and fridge in the room. The amenities include many terraces with cozy sofas, as well as a swimming pool and jaccuzzi. To top it all, there is a free continental breakfast and free wireless in the rooms! :)

• Stayed May 2011, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (129)
Singapore
Reviewed 17 April 2011

Nice room which was very spacious and with a fire-place. Very comfortable. Reception was very helpful. Opposite the hotel, within walking distance was a shopping mall.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled with family
Honolulu, Hawaii
Reviewed 14 April 2011

The rooms were very roomy and comfortable. I loved the decor and the fireplace. The location was also ideal with a shopping mall right across the street. Would stay there again.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple
Albany, California
Reviewed 7 April 2011

We really enjoyed our stay -- nice clean pool, clean linens, quiet.
We went on the aquarium package -- it includes 2 adult tickets to the aquarium for 2 days -- so nice to be able to see the aquarium in 2 days instead of squishing it all in a day. (Especially true if you have young children who get tired of walking.)

• Stayed April 2011, travelled with family
Bakersfield, California
Reviewed 4 April 2011

The wife and I just enjoyed a fantastic weekend in Monterey and staying at the Mariposa Inn just made it better. We stayed in a King Suite with a fireplace . After a full day of sight seeing and driving around , a hot clean shower and a peaceful fire to sit by was just what was needed. The front desk staff gave us great directions to several great restaurants and always with a free map and a smile. We will definitely be back !

Room Tip: Always ask for a top floor room .
  • Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank flyswimmy
Monterey, CA
Reviewed 30 March 2011

I had heard great things about the Mariposa Inn and Suites and chose to stay there when I needed to be in Monterey. The rooms were beautifully appointed and spacious. I loved the fireplace and jacuzzi tub! The pool and grounds were lovely. I enjoyed my complimentary breakfast which I took back to my room. It is in a fabulous location right across from the Del Monte Shopping Center that has lots of great shopping and dining. I will highly recommend it to my colleagues, friends and family!

• Stayed March 2011, travelled on business
Azusa, California
Reviewed 24 March 2011

My wife and I spent the night in Monterey on our way up to Santa Cruz. I love going to Monterey and have stayed in many hotels there throughout the years. The lady at the front desk was very friendly during check in and check out. When we got to our room it definitley felt like we were in a 5 star hotel (eihtout paying the 5 star price) . Our room had a fireplace,super comfortable bed with great bedding, a den, 2 TVs, a desk, refrigerator, mocrowave oven, free wi-fi, a spacioius bathroom with big soft towels, big comfortable robes and more! We also had a nice view of the pool and spa and outdoor lounge areas. This place is great! The only negative thing I can say is that we could hear the upstairs guests footsteps making it a little more difficult to go to sleep.

I would definitely stay here again and would love to make it my go-to hotel in Monterey.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled as a couple