“Great staff and nice rooms”

Mariposa Inn and Suites
Ranked #31 of 55 Hotels in Monterey
san francisco
“Great staff and nice rooms”
Reviewed 5 May 2009

We recently just returned from a weekend at the Mariposa for my sister's wedding. The rooms were clean, nice and comfortable. The linens and bath products were also great. But, most of all, the staff was amazing. We were a large party and they were so accommodating. They really worked hard to make our stay comfortable and fun. Thanks especially to Donald who helped us in the evenings.

• Stayed May 2009, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (130)
charlotte
Reviewed 5 May 2009

I can't say enough about what a great place this is to stay. The room was exceptionaly clean. The dual headed shower felt wonderful. The bed was VERY comfortable. I had booked a king room with fireplace and was upgraded to a king room spa suite with fireplace. Above the fireplace is a large flat screen tv. Tucked away was a refrigerator and microwave.

Due to the weather I did not utilize the heated pool or hottub, but the area was beautifully landscaped and relaxing. I will recommend this hotel to anyone traveling to Monterey. A bonus is this hotel does allow dogs. Great for my friends from the city that have a small dog, but love to travel.

• Stayed May 2009, travelled with friends
San Francisco
Reviewed 4 May 2009

My fiance and I chose this hotel for our wedding weekend so that our guests would have a nice place to stay. It is conveniently located off the highway, a short distance to downtown and right across the street from a shopping center with food and shops. It has been recently renovated, so the rooms are great...soft beds, nice linens, great bathroom products. We also loved the outdoor space, with patios, fire pits, and lots of gathering space. Best of all...the service. I have been working with a number of employees, including the manager for months planning the event and blocking a group of rooms, and I was amazed how great everyone has been. They have been very accommodating, professional, and great to work with. I want to especially thank Joy, the manager, and Donald who works the night shift.

• Stayed May 2009, travelled with friends
Los Angeles, CA
Reviewed 28 April 2009

My husband, my mother n law & I were upgraded to a two bedroom suite. We really enjoyed our room. My mother n law was suppose to stay with us for only one night but once we were upgraded and were surrounded with plenty of room for everyone, she decided to stay the entire time with us. She was downstairs and we occupied the upstairs room. We enjoyed the pool area and free breakfast daily. The staff was great from the ladies helping us at check in to the cleaning crew.
This was our 4th time staying at this hotel and believe me it has come along very nicely. This was the first time we really stayed around and enjoyed the room.
Hats off to the staff and renovation of the hotel.

• Stayed April 2009, travelled with family
Chicago
Reviewed 21 April 2009

This is a nicely renovated hotel with a lot of free amenities, e.g. free wi-fi access, parking and continental breakfast. Location wise it's pretty close to downtown Monterey, I was able to walk to downtown in half an hour (don't recommend walking back thorough it's mostly up a bit a slope). Del Monte shopping centre is right across the road where you'll find Whole Foods and various relatively main stream dining options. It's also close to Carmel so be sure to check out the quaint shops there, it's only a short drive away.

I was upgraded to a king room with a fire place, but it faces the main street so traffic noise could bother a light sleeper. Another thing, the walls are thin and you'll hear almost everything. I'll still come back though as the rooms are clean, the sheets are clean, soft and feel very nice to the touch plus a group friendly, professional staff team. For the price point, you'll getting a lot of bang for the bug, just be sure to ask for a room away from the main street traffic.

• Stayed April 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed 14 April 2009

We had previously stayed here last November 2008 and was very happy so decided to book another stay. When they said there was a $99 per night special from Sunday to Thursday I thought it was a great deal. Unfortunately this time they place us in room 219. This faced out towards the street and one can be awakened by the traffic in the morning. What bothered me the most was that the room had paper thin walls. We slept very little the first night because we were awakened several times by a crying baby in the next room. In the morning we were rudely awakened by a noisy neighbor talking on the phone in the patio, the drive by traffic and by the upstairs bedsprings creaking in a rhythmic pattern. The second night we had some next door neighbors eating pizza and staying up very late talking. There would be nothing wrong with this except I could hear very word of their conversation. I could even tell that they had a strong southern accent.

• Stayed April 2009, travelled with family
San Francisco
Reviewed 13 April 2009

My family and friends of ours all stayed at the Mariposa Inn and Suites this past weekend and we enjoyed the time very much. I wanted to comment particularly on the service we received from the person at the front desk. There were a total of 6 of us staying at the hotel and all of us found her friendly, helpful and available the whole time we were there. The rooms were big and clean and the pool area was spacious and attractive. Good hot tub. We had two teenagers in our group and they liked it as well. I'd recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed April 2009