“Great location, nice rooms”

Mariposa Inn and Suites
Ranked #31 of 56 Hotels in Monterey
Reviewed 15 May 2009

We stayed at the Mariposa for 2 nights in early May 2009. Selena, at the front desk, was very nice, giving us a discount that I hadn't been sure we qualified for, a great dinner recommendation (Lalla Grill - best nachos I've ever had), and coupons for several stores and restaurants at the shopping mall across the street. Our room was small but newly appointed. A large skylight provided an airy feel, but also made it quite bright early in the morning. There is a greenspace across the street that makes for a nice jogging area.

There are newer reviews for Mariposa Inn and Suites

Reviewed 11 May 2009

My wife and I were pleasantly surprised by the great value at the Mariposa Inn. We were upgraded to a very nice room with a fireplace. However, it was directly next to Munras Avenue which is a very busy street. The traffic is very noisy all night and was easily audible through the walls. The fridge in the room was also not operating, which we only found out the next morning when we realized out leftovers from a restaurant the night before went bad over night.

The rooms here are designed beautifully and contain a microwave, fridge, safe, and flat screen TV. I highly recommend this hotel, just make sure you specifically request that your room be away from the busy Munras Ave.

Reviewed 6 May 2009

Just returning from 3 nights at The Mariposa, I assumed the cheaper fare we were paying would result in sub-par accommodations. Not true at all. The rooms were were exceptionally nice, clean and comfortable. The decor was inviting, and the landscaping around was beautiful. The staff was friendly and extremely helpful. I also noticed it was pet friendly - which since I was traveling from the East Coast I didn't have my beloved pets. But for those who do, this is the ideal place to vacation with your four-legged loved ones.

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 May 2009

Recently stayed here for a weekend getaway. I had booked a regular king room but was upgraded to one of the townhouse suites, which had a living room with fireplace, 2 bathrooms and a bedroom. For two people this was more than enough space, so that was a bonus. The room was clean with good linens; housekeeping was good as well. The staff was really nice, from check in to granting us a late check out. The free breakfast was well stocked with yogurt, pastries, toast, bagels, cereals, coffee, tea and more. I ended up taking stuff back to the room for later, and they couldn't have been nicer about it. Would definitely stay here again.

Reviewed 6 May 2009

We stayed there for one night. But I would like to write about very helpful stuff. On the day of our check-out I couldn't find hairpin, which I liked a lot. We asked stuff to let us know if they would find it, as we planned to stay nearby for some time. I didn't expect they would call because of small hairpin. But they did! It was very nice of them.
Room was very comfortable and nice bath. Breakfast was good.

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 May 2009

We recently just returned from a weekend at the Mariposa for my sister's wedding. The rooms were clean, nice and comfortable. The linens and bath products were also great. But, most of all, the staff was amazing. We were a large party and they were so accommodating. They really worked hard to make our stay comfortable and fun. Thanks especially to Donald who helped us in the evenings.

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 May 2009

I can't say enough about what a great place this is to stay. The room was exceptionaly clean. The dual headed shower felt wonderful. The bed was VERY comfortable. I had booked a king room with fireplace and was upgraded to a king room spa suite with fireplace. Above the fireplace is a large flat screen tv. Tucked away was a refrigerator and microwave.

Due to the weather I did not utilize the heated pool or hottub, but the area was beautifully landscaped and relaxing. I will recommend this hotel to anyone traveling to Monterey. A bonus is this hotel does allow dogs. Great for my friends from the city that have a small dog, but love to travel.

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled with friends