Monterey Marriott
  • Restaurant
Hotel Pacific(Monterey)
  • Breakfast included
  • Free Internet
Casa Munras Garden Hotel & Spa(Monterey)
  • Pool
Colton Inn(Monterey)
Hotel Abrego(Monterey)
1,374 results
All reviewsvalet parkinggreat locationelite roomcannery rowplatinum memberfisherman's wharfbay viewnice hotelbreakfast buffetfree trolleyconvention centershort walksink areawithin walking distancetwo blocksstreet parkingvalet staff
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 27 October 2013

I've stayed at many Marriott's over the years and this one in particular was disappointing. The room was small, furniture outdated (although carpeting and wall covering appear to updated). Bathroom was very odd. The shower and toilet are in a small room closed off with a sliding pocket door. The vanity in sink are basically in the room but a half wall separates this area from the rest of the room. A coffee maker is provided on the counter, but the electrical outlet is at the other end of the counter.

Bed was comfortable, but the top sheet had a small tear and the fitted sheet had several small holes and stains (nice attention to details). Our room was located on the streets side anew as very noisy. All night long you could her people making their way to or from the taverns. Bring your earplugs. Ate at note the sports bar (characters) and the restaurant (3 flags cafe). Menu was exactly the same. Very creative! Burgers were below average although Cobb salad was good.

I did not use the fitness center but did go for several runs. There is a great bike/walk/running path but make sure to go early and it gets very crowded with all the tourists. You can take the path past Pacific Grove (South) or past Ocean Side (North).

Based on my experience I generally would not return, but I will be staying here in 2014 and 2015 for work related travel. Hopefully things improve.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Rene B, General Manager at Monterey Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded 29 October 2013

Thank you for staying with us, I regret that you found your stay disappointing. You'll be happy to know that we do have renovations planned. I hope you'll come back afterward and give us another stay. Again, thank you.

Reviewed 27 October 2013

We stayed one night while heading down the coast. At check-in we were told that there would be a water shutdown at 11 with restoration at 5 am. Come 7 am and the water is still not on, meaning no showers for most of the hotel. That is when it usually falls apart but I have to commend the professionalism of the team. Things were obviously not going right but the entire staff was calm, empathetic, and looked for ways to rectify the situation. My wife and I ended up using another room that did have water to take showers. What really blew me away was getting a personal letter from the manager, Clid, apologizing for the inconvenience and giving me his number if I had any concerns or issues. I had, in the confusion of moving rooms, left a coat and shirt behind which he promptly offered to fed ex to a hotel we would be at a few days later. But then he also solicited my feedback regarding his staff, including my compliments about the valet parking team. He said that he appreciated the detail of my comments and intended to use them at a team meeting to reinforce the good behavior. The whole concept of excellent customer service obviously gets talked to death-- what I saw first hand was a genuine commitment from the manager and his team to not just deal with the day to day, but to deal with the problems and obstacles, and truly commit to customer service. This exchange took an unpleasant experience and turned it into my giving the place the highest rating. Other recent comments about the location, room cleanliness, etc are all spot on but its the people at this hotel that make it shine the most.

1  Thank Bartel55

I'm so glad that Clid and his team were able to give you excellent service. Thank you for staying with us and for telling others about your experience. I hope you'll stay with us again.

Reviewed 27 October 2013

We spent two nights in this newly renovated hotel in the charming town of Monterey, with a room overlooking Monterey Bay. The room was large, clean and well appointed, and the staff and concierge were friendly and helpful.

Room Tip: Ask for a Bay- view room. The upgrade is well worth it, and corner rooms are especially lovely.
1  Thank jverdun
Rene B, General Manager at Monterey Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded 27 October 2013

Thank you for staying with us and for rating us so highly. I'm delighted that you enjoyed your newly renovated room with the bay view. I hope you'll stay with us again in the future.

Reviewed 23 October 2013

Hotel is very nice and the room are clean. Nice restaurant for breakfast. Great bar with very good appetizers. Wish Starbucks kiosk was open in the afternoon. Staff was helpful and friendly. Reserve a bay view room. It is worth the few extra dollars.

• Stayed: August 2013
2  Thank Charlotte0518
Rene B, Director of Sales at Monterey Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded 23 October 2013

I'm glad that you enjoyed your stay with us, thank you for staying with us and for sharing your experience. I hope you'll stay with us again.

Reviewed 21 October 2013

We stayed one night to check out Monterey, CA. The staff was very friendly and greeted us each time as we passed by. We had a great bay-view room that was especially good when the sun rose in the morning. The hotel is newer looking and was very clean. Breakfast was full and good.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Rene B, General Manager at Monterey Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded 22 October 2013

I'm so happy that you found our service, food, and location to be to your liking. It's great that you got to enjoy a great view. Thank you and I hope you'll stay with us again.