Monterey Marriott
  • Restaurant
Hotel Pacific(Monterey)
  • Breakfast included
  • Free Internet
Casa Munras Garden Hotel & Spa(Monterey)
  • Pool
Colton Inn(Monterey)
Hotel Abrego(Monterey)
1,373 results
All reviewsvalet parkinggreat locationelite roomcannery rowplatinum memberfisherman's wharfbay viewnice hotelbreakfast buffetfree trolleyconvention centershort walksink areawithin walking distancetwo blocksstreet parkingvalet staff
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 27 April 2014

Arrived for the Big Sur Marathon and staying at the Marriott for $278 per night. The hotel will not offer free internet in the rooms, even at the excessive rate. i stayed at the Hilton at Union Square for $197 per night and the internet was included as well as a complimentary drink and pastry from Starbucks. The Hilton is awesome, Marriott, not so much.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank tripster13363
Rene B, General Manager at Monterey Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded 28 April 2014

I am sorry you feel that way about our property, we pride ourselves on our excellent service. I'd be interested to know who on our staff was discourteous to you. For your convenience, we do offer complementary internet service in the lobby and other common areas. Thank you for sharing your experience with me.

Reviewed 26 April 2014

We love this property. It's not the grandest of Marriotts but it's nice. The location is great and the staff is wonderful. We travel to Monterey regularly and we've stayed at other hotels and this is by far our favorite. I agree, the parking is pricey. We've only had to pay for parking at one other property in Monterey so it doesn't seem to be the standard but that's life. :-) We are headed there for Mother's Day weekend and we already have out room. I can't wait to get there. The beds are awesome! :-)

Room Tip: This is one of the most beautiful cities in California. The Marriott is a splurge but well worth it. :-)
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family

Thank you for being a loyal guest, I appreciate your comments and look forward to having you back for Mother's Day.

Reviewed 18 April 2014

This was such a nice hotel, beautiful location, nice setting, in the middle of everything, EXCEPT, for what it looked, it wasnt that great. The rooms were nice, but there was no fridge or microwave without requesting them. No real continental breakfast, and no parking! Either you pay for your breakfast, or you get a muffin and coffee. You pay for Valet Parking or you park 2 blocks away and pay for City Garage Parking. Just wierd to me for how Beautiful it was, there wasnt much they offered. I donno, but I dont think I will stay there again. Sad about it too, because I am a Loyal Marriott Customer.

Room Tip: Remember No Microwaves or Fridges unless you ask for them, Yes, they will bring one to your room, but it was just a hassle, kinda.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Tracie S
Rene B, General Manager at Monterey Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded 21 April 2014

Thank you for being a loyal Marriott customer, I really appreciate that you stayed with us. I'm disappointed that you didn't enjoy your stay with us.

Reviewed 16 April 2014

I stayed here for two nights. Upon check-in I was told that there was going to be a dinner reception above my room on my second night. It was due to last until midnight. I was so glad they told me!! They changed rooms for me so I didn't have to deal with the noise. My room #715 was nice. It was a corner with a very small balcony and lots of windows. While I was on the bay side, I was also on the pool side and boy does that noise travel at night!!! I was nervous on the first night about it, but it quieted down around 9:00 or so. However, second morning the kids were up and feeling energetic awfully early. Bathroom was large and well lit. Nice big shower. I didn’t have a bath tub, which I would have liked, but I didn’t ask for one either. (So they might be available.) There was a scale in my room...I LOVED it because it weighed my 15 pounds light! Thanks Marriott—love you for that one. The bike bath is very close and well lit. Great option for a run. Oh and I guess most importantly the bed was amazingly comfortable. See you same time next year!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank lovingsonoma

It's our pleasure to remove those 15 pounds! Thank you very much for staying with us and for your review. We look forward to welcoming you back next year.
~ Rene B.

Reviewed 14 April 2014 via mobile

I had the pleasure of going to Monterey and staying at the Marriott. Excellent service. I was given an updated room. It was beautiful with a great view of the Bay. No bathtub but for me that was fine. Across the street from the bike trail that runs along the water. I highly recommend a walk or run in the morning. Sea lions galore. Great location. I would definitely stay again.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Rene B, General Manager at Monterey Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded 15 April 2014

Ah yes, a walk or run along our beautiful coastline is indeed a great way to start the day. I'm so glad you enjoyed your short say with us and hope you can return for a longer visit.