Marriott wants to be the new destination for the "in" crowd. This is the impression one gets from their new television ads. Then there is the reality...
This property in Monterey is to be avoided at all costs. It is definitely not worth the money or a return.
1. The rooms are quite old. The walls are thin.
2. The public spaces are dirty. Just take a walk around the hotel. Disgusting.
3. The facilities are not well maintained, starting from half of the equipment in the gym that did not work during our stay. We notified management about the issue and we were told that maintenance could not find any issues with the machines. Perhaps they failed to listen to us when we said: "the machines repeatedly power down halfway through a workout!". Where the operative word is "halfway"!
4. The hotel staff was friendly but clearly incapable of taking care of the hotel.
Overall this is just a 3 star hotel that wants to play in the big leagues. Just stay away.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Southall Travel, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, HotelsClick, 5viajes2012 S.L. and getaroom.com so you can book your Monterey Marriott reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Monterey Marriott Hotel Monterey
- Marriott Monterey