“All 5 stars, I love this place, will go back whenever I go Monterey”
Review of Monterey Bay Inn

Monterey Bay Inn
Ranked #5 of 55 Hotels in Monterey
GreenLeadersBronze level
California
“All 5 stars, I love this place, will go back whenever I go Monterey”
Reviewed 17 February 2014 via mobile

I found this hotel at first is because compare to all other water-front properties/hotels, this is the very affordable and has great rating.

It exceeds my expectation greatly! The location is unbeatable! For less than $300, you can get a room with your balcony facing the ocean. I appreciate that they are so thoughtful: the way they put their bed is so romantic: it's facing the ocean! So in the night, if you lay on your pillow, I see through your door your balcony and you see city lights on the other side of the bay; in the morning when you wake up and open your eyes, no need to move a step, you see blue sky blue ocean, very grand feeling. I also appreciate their service! Free breakfast delivered to your room according to your time so you can eat on your balcony. Imagine facing the ocean, having your first cup of coffee, enjoy the harmonize feeling share with nature....wonderful start of a day! There are a lot of seagulls and other birds who want to join your breakfast:) it is very fun.

The price also include free internet. They also offer two day aquarium tickets in the hotel package --if you have two days and want to go twice. Because as I see the ticket price is the same, but if you buy through aquarium, only valid 1day, if you buy from this hotel, it is 2days. (Correct me if this information is wrong as I only have 1 day I bought through aquarium directly).

The hotel room is super spacious! Consider the location, it offers a king bed with spacious sitting area! It even has double vanity! The toilet has its own door in a private room! Very very nice!

The hotel staff are very friendly! Overall, I can't appreciate this hotel more! I love the stay in this hotel! Especially the price is cheaper than all the ones along the street. I will definitely recommend this hotel to people who go to Monterey, and i definitely will go back again!

• Stayed February 2014
2 Thank Jane_hulu

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (435)
Northern California
Reviewed 8 February 2014

I've stayed at this hotel a couple of time but many years ago. I have to say it is still a wonderful property. I booked a room on the second floor with a king bed and sofa with an ocean view. We arrived before the check in time but our room was ready and we were able to check in early. The continental breakfast consisted of juice, coffee, muffins, hard boiled eggs, yogurt and fruit. We sat on the balcony with a bottle of wine and enjoyed the sea otters and sea lions. The hotel staff was very helpful and the beach outside the hotel was a great way to stretch your legs after a long drive. Looking forward to visiting again.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank susyq09
California
Reviewed 29 January 2014

I absolutely loved this inn. we stayed in an oceanfront room on the fourth floor. it felt like we were on the ocean . we opened the door to our balcony to a beautiful view of Monterey bay. we saw sea otters, sea lions and even jellyfish from our balcony. binoculars in the room to use was a wonderful touch. you leave a preference for breakfast and what time delivered on the door. fresh fruit, muffins, hard boiled eggs, yogurt, fresh juice. everything was delicious. they also put out fresh cookies at 3:00 everyday. we walked to the wharf (less than a mile) and to a wonderful pizza place giannis( also less than a mile) and walked along cannery row. it is located at the end or beginning, whichever way you want to look at it, but it was very quiet. staff was amazing. although the inn dosnt look like much on the outside, the inside is lovely and the rooms are modern and beautiful. bed was super comfortable and big flatscreen tv.

Room Tip: we stayed in 412 and the room was looking straight out onto the ocean
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Bre1
Santa Barbara, California
Reviewed 24 January 2014

We had a king bed room overlooking the ocean. It was a room full of character, with a balcony to sit and enjoy the view, having room service breakfast. The hotel is right at the end of Cannery Row and is within walking distance of restaurants & shops. We had a meal at the Fish Hopper restaurant . Very good. Hotel staff are very helpful.

Room Tip: Book a room with an ocean view
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Douglas B
Albany, New York
Reviewed 20 January 2014 via mobile

I rented a 1 king bed room that faced the ocean and it was a lovely room. The balcony was of a decent size and the bed faced the ocean. I saw the sun rise and the sun set from my bed which was amazing... They delivered the continental breakfast to my room (fruit, pastries, coffee, yogurt) which was nice. Huge flat screen TV with satellite cable. The location of the hotel was close to local activities (I went kayaking with Adventures by the Sea which is literally right across the street from the Inn). Also, the Inn is the cheapest of the hotels on Cannery Row. There is shopping and dining along Cannery Row. Fisherman's Wharf is close by as well. Overall it was a great experience and well worth it.

Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
3 Thank Marie R
Singapore
Reviewed 16 January 2014 via mobile

When we were there it was full house. But since it is located at the end of Cannery Row, it's very quiet.

Service is not so fast because apparently we share staff with the bigger sister hotel down the road.
But rooms are clean, spacious and excellent. I love the balcony where we can sit to sip our coffee and enjoy the view.

Breakfast is included and is generous as well. So ask for anything you need, they'll give them all to you if it can fit in one tray!

There is a little stretch of sandy beach right beside the Inn. Just good enough to play sand and have a picnic.

Stayed June 2013
2 Thank Mumzelda
Independence, Missouri
Reviewed 15 January 2014

We were celebrating an anniversary, and made a short trip from San Jose while visiting friends. they recommended the hotel, and were so happy they did. The location was right on the ocean with a view of the marina and beach with a park. The staff were very welcoming with best wishes, chocolate and wine in our room. It was located at the end of Cannery Row so we took advantage of the nice walk to downtown, Marina, and shops. We found great food nearby, and took a site seeing drive around the town. Perfect get away from Missouri.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple