Monterey Bay Inn
US$444
US$301
  • Beachfront
  • Restaurant
Comfort Inn Monterey by the Sea(Monterey)(Great Value!)
US$118
US$97
ComfortInn
Casa Munras Garden Hotel & Spa(Monterey)
US$230
US$200
  • Pool
Monterey Bay Lodge(Monterey)(Great Value!)
US$149
US$139
1,683 results
All reviewscontinental breakfastsea lionsend of cannery rowdouble sinkshot tubsan carlos beacheach morningocean viewquiet endmonterey bayaveda productsyogurtoceanfront roombreakfast deliveredfourth floorfisherman's wharfprivate balcony
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 16 September 2009

I selected this hotel based on trip advisor reviews and true to the reviews, it was a great find at a reasonable price. The location is a 10 minute walk to Cannery Row and Fisherman's Wharf and even my 5 year old had no problem walking to both. I much preferred staying here than in the hotels near the busy aquarium. The view from the room was important to me and I would not have been able to find a similar view room at other area hotels for the price I paid here. The bathroom is lovely, they provide Aveda products. The room decor and linens are high quality. For a continental breakfast, the offerings are very good, they serve fresh OJ and homemade pastries. The lobby is small, but its Monterey, not San Francisco. I liked the nice touches in the lobby, coffee, water with lemon, cookies and a bowl of apples. If you are looking for amenities, there is a much larger and pricier hotel next door. I personally like the quiet of this hotel and the location. On tip, take walk along the pier next to the beach by hotel, if you walk to end of the dock, you will see lots of sea lions and while you are walking to end, lots of jellyfish near the shore.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 September 2009

I guess as long as you remember that this is one of the priciest locations in Californai and that demand is high for rooms in Monterey then you will be able to factor in a value for money measure based not just on the amenities of the hotel.

The location is good - at the bottom of Cannery Row and close to the Fishermans Wharf & the old part of town. I dont know what walking difficulties the previous reviewer had but this is definitely in very very easy walking distance of Canner Row and the Acquarium for example.

Once you have discounted the location and you know that the room rates will be seriously higher than San Francisco then you can understand that you are paying for the location and not the facilties.

Our room was a deluxe bay view - the room was extremely large with a great bed. The rooms are clean and well fitted. Ours looked out over the bay and we got what we paid for - bay views, seals, gulls etc. The bay side is in the shade most of the day so dont bank on sun bathing.

The breakfast was fine - good quality fruit, bagels, cakes, coffee etc.

Staff are very friendly and helpful.

Other than a couple of hot tubs then the hotel is little more than a very nice upmarket motel by the bay. If you want privacy, peace and quiet etc then this is the place. If you need lots of attentive staff, lounges, restaurants then you should look elsewhere. There is a limited room service provided by a restaurant - extremely expensive!

If you dont want to pay for the sea views then the views/ambience of the other rooms looks great, especially those with more of the harbour views. Cannery row can get busy but not so much at this end of it so I wouldnt worry about being disturbed by any noise

I would recomend the hotel - as long as you know exactly what your vast amounts of $ are getting you!

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled as a couple
5  Thank PMwhf
Reviewed 13 September 2009

The rooms were lovely and the staff were friendly and professional, but I really expected more for the price. The view below our room was of an abandoned building filled with loud gulls and other birds. The lobby was too small to encourage visiting or relaxing. The location was too far from Cannery Row for easy walking. Overall disappointed in property, for the high price I expected more of a resort feel.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled with friends
Reviewed 12 September 2009

The Monterey Bay Inn is located on the water between the Wharf and Aquarium. Walking distance to everything. Spa music in the lobby instantly relaxes. Spotless, comfortable cozy luxury. Magnificent views and sounds of the sea abound. You can see the lights from Seaside across the bay from the roof top hot tub at night. Breakfast delivered to your room is icing on the cake. Wonderful stay.

• Stayed: September 2009
Reviewed 9 September 2009

We enjoyed a wonderful weekend down in Monterey on the last weekend of June. Our room was great and the staff was exceptional.

The bed was amazingly comfortable and the view couldn't be beat. I was really sad to leave, but hopefully we can get down there once again soon.

I fully recommend Montery Bay Inn for a weekend away. :)

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled as a couple