Spindrift Inn
The Stevenson Monterey(Monterey)(Great Value!)
US$132
  • Beachfront
US$238
US$219
  • Restaurant
Casa Munras Garden Hotel & Spa(Monterey)
US$222
US$202
Hotels.com
Monterey Bay Inn(Monterey)
US$255
Travelocity
  • Breakfast included
Monterey Bay Lodge(Monterey)(Great Value!)
US$149
US$139
Travelocity
2,035 results
All reviewswood burning fireplacewindow seatwine and cheesesilver trayrooftop gardenocean viewcannery rowcanopy bedwelcome homebath saltsvalet parkingcontinental breakfastromantic hotelcorner roomhardwood floorsbay windowbreakfast delivered
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 13 November 2013

My husband and I stayed here recently for one night and are planning a second stay very soon. Hotel is absolutely so quaint, all staff so helpful and friendly. Wine tasting before dinner an absolute treat. We loved having breakfast served to our room. Beds are so comfortable. We absolutely recommend this place!!!

Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 November 2013

This is a somewhat challenging review to write because I truly have mixed feelings about this place. On the one hand it was a good location on cannery row within easy access to attractions. On the other hand the staff of this place did not have their act together. The many frustrations started with the card keys that would not work. Once the card key did work it turned out that the room was not ready. Finally once I was given access to a room, things were smoother. The room itself is gorgeous with a fireplace, large comfortable bed, and a good view. The parking also proved to be quite an issue. When I called the hotel to book the reservation they advised me that they offer valet parking for > $20 or self park for fifteen. Upon my arrival they informed me that self parking equates to me finding a city garage at my leisure. As it turns out there are quite a few garages with varying rates and I did not appreciate having to spend the extra time to remedy this issue. Speaking of remedying this issue, the hotel offered no recourse for my troubles and inconveniences. Bottom line is that it’s a generally decent place that is poorly managed.

Room Tip: may not go smoothly…
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Alex D
Reviewed 7 November 2013 via mobile

So glad we opted for a sea view room. This was simply the most lovely hotel room we have ever stayed in.

Nice touches, such as real log fire (which we embarrassingly set fire alarm off with, not a problem for the understanding staff), binoculars and breakfast in bed.

Wish we had stayed longer than 2 nights, will definitely return.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 November 2013

I stayed here for one night as a stopover on the drive down Highway 1 from San Francisco to Santa Barbara and wished I could have stayed longer. I paid extra for a room with an ocean view and it was definitely worth it, the view was fantastic and it was so nice to be able to open the window and hear the sea right below you room.

The room was very well decorated with a very comfortable bed, and the complimentary breakfast provided to your room was excellent. The only slight downside is that there was no obvious parking near the hotel so I had to use the valet parking, but this was very reasonably priced compared to some other places I stayed.

I stayed in 12 hotels during my trip round the US and this was one of the very best, highly recommended.

Room Tip: Pay the extra and go for a room with an ocean view, it's definitely worth the expense
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 6 November 2013

Great spot to stay while in Monterey. This old building has plenty of charm and a great staff. We booked a room the night before we arrived for $169. Some of our friends had stayed here before and told us about it. We got a room that faced the main street and it had a small balcony. The room was setup so you don't see the bathroom or front door when lying in bed. The wood burning fire place makes it feel like a room in your house and not a hotel. A mini fridge and snacks are provided in the room but are an extra charge if you indulge. The complementary breakfast that is delivered on a silver tray in the morning was great. It enabled us to relax and not run out for breakfast. I would advise any of my friends or family to stay here if they are in the area.

Room Tip: We really liked the view of the main street. I think I would pick it again over the ocean view.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
IOM-ManagerResponse, General Manager at Spindrift Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 12 November 2013

Dear zvelivis,

Thank you for your kind review of the Spindrift Inn. I’m so glad that you enjoyed your Cannery Row view room during your stay. We think the comforting touches, such as our warm fireplaces and our complimentary breakfasts, are truly a welcoming treat for our guests. It means so much to us that you would recommend our hotel to your friends and family. I can’t wait to welcome you back for another wonderful Monterey experience.

Regards,