All reviews breakfast room yogurt free breakfast monterey bay microwave and fridge busy weekend desk clerk road trip nice breakfast short drive the room was nice would definitely stay here again fisherman's wharf motel fremont fairgrounds inns
Reviewed 20 June 2018

We stayed at the Comfort Inn during a Spartan Race weekend, and a handful of other guests were there for the same reason. The continental breakfast was plentiful, thank goodness! The cost of our stay during June was pretty high for the quality of the room. My pillow was really lousy and the water pressure was hard. If I can afford to, I'll stay somewhere fancier next time I'm in the area.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
Management247, Front Office Manager at Comfort Inn Monterey Bay, responded to this reviewResponded 21 June 2018

Thank you for your review and comments regarding your recent visit to our hotel, kst00Visit. We are pleased to learn you enjoyed our delicious breakfast arrangement before your big race and that our accommodations were comfortable for your stay. Your valuable feedback will help us as we continue to improve our facility to ensure we are meeting our guests expectations. All of us here at Comfort Inn Monterey Bay appreciate your business and we hope to have another opportunity to impress you in the future.

Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

Very friendly staff. The room was small but very clean and cozy. They had a decent continental breakfast.My only complaint is the walls were very thin the 1st night we had noisy neighbors that were up until 1am. You could also hear your neighbor's door open and shut. Other than that it was a nice place to stay for a couple
Of nights. Close to shops and restaurants.

1  Thank Veronica F
Management247, Front Office Manager at Comfort Inn Monterey Bay, responded to this reviewResponded 10 April 2018

We value your opinion and appreciate you leaving us a review on your recent guest experience at our hotel, Veronica. It was our pleasure to provide you with a clean room, accommodating team, and convenient location, although we apologize for your noisy neighbors during your visit. Your comfort and satisfaction are important to us and we are pleased you had an enjoyable few nights as our guest. Thank you for choosing Comfort Inn Monterey Bay and we hope to welcome you back to our hotel for your future travels to Monterey.

Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

We stayed here for 2 nights and I guess I need to do more research before I pick another Comfort Inn! This is the first time I’ve had a bad experience at a Comfort Inn. You know the walls are going to be thin when each room has a white noise machine AND a sign in the bathroom telling you that Monterey is a busy tourist area and it can be loud and that you can get ear plugs from the front desk!

I’ve stayed at multiple hotels in Monterey and never experienced being able to hear the neighbors talking (not even loudly) and sneezing! The floors feel dirty and the towels are so dingy that it’s disgusting! I even found a hair hanging from one of our NEW towels. The towels had spots of whatever didn’t wash off from the last guest and the door to the room was so difficult to open that we finally had to figure out you had to pull, push down on the handle and then shove it open. What a pain when you are carrying a lot of stuff!

The parking lot is very small and the area of the hotel isn’t so great! We are surrounded by a bunch of motels.

NEVER staying here again!!!

Stayed: March 2018
Management247, Front Office Manager at Comfort Inn Monterey Bay, responded to this reviewResponded 7 April 2018

I am sorry to learn about your experience as our guest and that we failed to meet your expectations during your recent stay, Kathleen. Please accept my apologies for the impression we left. I appreciate you bringing your situation to my attention so that we can improve our accommodations to ensure our guests are much more comfortable. On behalf of all of us here at Comfort Inn Monterey Bay, we thank you for being our guest and we wish you the best in your future travels.

Reviewed 30 March 2018 via mobile

Finding affordable hotels under $100 a night during spring in California can be challenging, but this hotel works. The location is close to downtown and the fairgrounds. The only issue is noise. The hotel is well aware of this and even provides a white noise machine in the room. Unfortunately, we had a room on the second floor near a staircase and noisy guests. There will be planes overhead guaranteed. The room was always very clean, the staff very friendly, and a decent breakfast.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple

We are happy you enjoyed our convenient location, clean rooms, and friendly team during your recent visit to Monterey, 4catcouple. Thank you for sharing a detailed review of your stay at our hotel and letting us know you had an enjoyable experience as our guest although we apologize for your noisy neighbors. All of us here at Comfort Inn Monterey Bay thank you for supporting our business and we hope to serve you in the future

Reviewed 28 March 2018 via mobile

After reading the reviews on Comfort Inn I was excited to stay there while vacationing in Monterey. However, our experience was not ideal. We had work that needed to be done in the evening that requires WiFi. At 8:30 pm we noticed that the room did not have working WiFi, so we called the front desk who nicely directed us to Macrotech. After spending 15 minutes on the phone, I learned that management had already been told that the WiFi hadn’t worked the previous week and had yet to fix it. When I told the staff, she was very apologetic and told me that she had alerted the owner but maintenance hadn’t come out. WiFi is a pretty basic part of a stay these days and to not have it and still advertise it, can be highly problematic for travelers who need to eat work done.

Dear Monica,

I am sorry to hear about the experience you had at our hotel. Please accept my sincere apologies for your inconvenience and frustration with the WiFi not working during your stay. You will be happy to know that our WiFi has since been repaired. On behalf of our entire team, we thank you for choosing Comfort Inn Monterey Bay and we hope to have another opportunity to serve you in the future and provide you with a much more enjoyable visit.

Kind regards,