“Average Accommodation”

Ranked #52 of 56 Hotels in Monterey
Calgary, Canada
“Average Accommodation”
Reviewed 29 September 2012

We didn't have much choice when we booked this hotel - hadn't done our homework so we didn't know the Jazz Festival was on the same weekend we planned to be in Monterey. However, it turned out to be acceptable accommodation for a couple of nights in Monterey. Our room was as far as possible from the road and parking lot, facing the courtyard. It was clean, quiet and comfortable. Be careful when flushing the toilets. The jet powered flush mechanism will jam the lever into your hand.

The pool was clean, but was shared with the adjoining hotel so it was busier than expected. The included continental breakfast was minimal.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
Reviewed 29 September 2012

I reserved my room on September 19 for a room with a king size bed a fireplace and a spa tub. The front desk attendant that I called, stated that's what I would receive. Today I checked in and the room looked ok but on closer inspection there was no fire place or king size bed. When I approached the desk attendant with my disappointment I was met with this statement, (after she called her manager) "Well you didn't have it in writing, so we can not do anything for you, other then let you check out right." This was not really feasible 2 yr old, 4 mth old, and an anxious wife, haha I guess I have to record every call when reserving a hotel from now on to keep these people honest. So then, I called clarion corporate ( choice hotels) customer relations; I let the representative know what happened and she told me "You need to take this issue to the hotel manager." I let her know that I had already taken the issue to the manager. She respond " Well all we can offer you is to check out." I then asked if I could speak to her supervisor but I was hung up on before I could finish the word super; if there are any issue at any "choice hotels" good luck getting them resolved. Here's my video review from the room. http://youtu.be/nf0l02-pE2s

• Stayed September 2012

Travellers are raving about these Monterey hotels

Calgary, Canada
Reviewed 23 August 2012

I stayed in this hotel and while not a 5 star it was also not priced that way. They had everything I needed and were very friendly. Pool area was great, rooms were spacious and service very accomodating. I have to chuckle at some of these reviewers who want 5 star accomodation for $70 a night. Get real.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled solo
Surf City USA
Reviewed 20 August 2012 via mobile

You know how sometimes you get shampoo all in your hair, it's running down into your eyes & then the shower pressure goes out? Yeah, this is one of those places. I could go on, but this is just an overpriced dump on a busy street, far from anywhere worthwhile in Monterey. Stay elsewhere.

• Stayed August 2012
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 11 August 2012

Was not expecting much but I will not return . Rooms small and musty with a deodorizer smell. Had to change rooms ,first had no A/c room very stuffy. I am not familiar with other motels in the area but I think it could have been better for the price.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 July 2012

Stains all over carpet wet? Dark spot on chair cigarette smell in rm. asked for reimbursement refund hotel said no because I paid Expedia 3 rd party gross room pool over chlorinated. Kids could not swim hurt eyes Regret. Never again

• Stayed July 2012
Sacramento, California
Reviewed 23 July 2012

Stayed three nights.The room was very outdated but clean. Nice swimming pool area. Started each day off with a great Continental breakfast, which really helps.People who prepare this was not friendly at all. Did not like all the maid service stuff and bedding scattered outside all over in your walk way all the time.

Room Tip: next time we will choose something we can walk to the attractions,like the aquarium and the cannery...