“Wedding Trip”

Stargazer Inn and Suites
Ranked #48 of 56 Hotels in Monterey
Reviewed 18 October 2012

We stayed at the Clarion for a wedding, the bride & groom chose this hotel for their wedding party. It is a older hotel right on Munras Triple AAA approved. Clean, small refrigerator, coffee, hair dryer, queen bed, continental breakfast including some hot items, (waffles, biscuits & gravy, hot oatmeal) assorted pastry, muffins, cereal, coffee. Enclosed pool, reasonably priced. Convenient to a very nice mall, drug stores, and a PF Changs, Pizza factory, and other small venues inside the mall.
They charged us a $100 a night for 2 people. They had an enclosed pool area/spa. Parking was tight but we managed to get a parking place, one night we came back late, and our friends had to park on Munras.

Room Tip: We were on second floor, stairs, no elevators, so if you need a ground floor be sure and tell them a...
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank DahliaWashington

Reviewed 8 October 2012

A nice hotel, we stayed in a suite with a fire place and king size bed. Continental breakfast was good. Normal crockery- no plastic cutlery/plates etc. Good cereal choice. The muffins were the best ones we have eaten at Choice hotels. The staff were very pleasant and helpful.
The window boxes in full bloom made this look a very welcoming hotel to stay at. The heated indoor pool was very good too.

It's location was ideal no more than 5 minutes drive from all of the places you would want to visit in Monterey. One real bonus was that you could walk to Macy's in the shopping mall in no more than 5 minutes.

Room Tip: If cost is not an issue then stay in a suite it is worthwhile
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Robert H
Reviewed 29 September 2012

We didn't have much choice when we booked this hotel - hadn't done our homework so we didn't know the Jazz Festival was on the same weekend we planned to be in Monterey. However, it turned out to be acceptable accommodation for a couple of nights in Monterey. Our room was as far as possible from the road and parking lot, facing the courtyard. It was clean, quiet and comfortable. Be careful when flushing the toilets. The jet powered flush mechanism will jam the lever into your hand.

The pool was clean, but was shared with the adjoining hotel so it was busier than expected. The included continental breakfast was minimal.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 September 2012

I reserved my room on September 19 for a room with a king size bed a fireplace and a spa tub. The front desk attendant that I called, stated that's what I would receive. Today I checked in and the room looked ok but on closer inspection there was no fire place or king size bed. When I approached the desk attendant with my disappointment I was met with this statement, (after she called her manager) "Well you didn't have it in writing, so we can not do anything for you, other then let you check out right." This was not really feasible 2 yr old, 4 mth old, and an anxious wife, haha I guess I have to record every call when reserving a hotel from now on to keep these people honest. So then, I called clarion corporate ( choice hotels) customer relations; I let the representative know what happened and she told me "You need to take this issue to the hotel manager." I let her know that I had already taken the issue to the manager. She respond " Well all we can offer you is to check out." I then asked if I could speak to her supervisor but I was hung up on before I could finish the word super; if there are any issue at any "choice hotels" good luck getting them resolved. Here's my video review from the room. http://youtu.be/nf0l02-pE2s

• Stayed: September 2012
4  Thank Rapha192004
Reviewed 23 August 2012

I stayed in this hotel and while not a 5 star it was also not priced that way. They had everything I needed and were very friendly. Pool area was great, rooms were spacious and service very accomodating. I have to chuckle at some of these reviewers who want 5 star accomodation for $70 a night. Get real.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank Ron L
Reviewed 20 August 2012 via mobile

You know how sometimes you get shampoo all in your hair, it's running down into your eyes & then the shower pressure goes out? Yeah, this is one of those places. I could go on, but this is just an overpriced dump on a busy street, far from anywhere worthwhile in Monterey. Stay elsewhere.

• Stayed: August 2012
Reviewed 11 August 2012

Was not expecting much but I will not return . Rooms small and musty with a deodorizer smell. Had to change rooms ,first had no A/c room very stuffy. I am not familiar with other motels in the area but I think it could have been better for the price.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family