“Great food, service a bit off”
Review of The Wild Plum

The Wild Plum
Ranked #42 of 301 Restaurants in Monterey
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch
Denver, Colorado
“Great food, service a bit off”
Reviewed 27 March 2014

Coffee and pastries the best we've found in Monterey...service varies, staff can be distracted. Pastries seem fresh from the oven in the morning, their produce is great quality,and overall the eccentricity of the staff seems a small price to pay for the quality of the food.

• Visited March 2014

• Polish first
“Disappointment”
Reviewed 21 March 2014

My wife and I wanted to check this place out for a few months, but never seemed to make it when it was open! Finally, we planned to take a friend for her birthday, and made sure it would be at the right time. We arrived, and put in our orders, and waited...and waited...and waited...finally, after an hour, we stopped one of the waiters, to ask about our food. We had apparently been forgotten. They rushed our food order through, so ten or so minutes later, we had our meals, which were large, and taste-wise, adequate, but the rush showed. They gave us a cookie each, in apology for the forgetting, and charged full price of the meal. We were a bit put off by this, but didn't complain. Overall, it was adequate, but we're not likely to return.

• Visited March 2014
“Not all that”
Reviewed 18 March 2014 via mobile

stopped by since I was next door waiting for my order from another restaurant. Nice menu. Homemade baked goods looked good. Decided to get the "day old" goods because I always like the day old. However these were moldedand had fur growing on them. I wanted to take them back but my husband said not to. So here is my review. Please sell day old is fine but after that toss em. Don't try to get over on the customers. It isn't worth it

california
“Yum yum”
Reviewed 28 February 2014 via mobile

Was at a conference in Monterey CA and needed a place to have lunch. Had a roast beef sandwich on fresh baKed roll with roasted red peppers and onions and baby spinach. Delightful. Service was a little slow and unorganized. People got the wrong food. Served out of order and I had to ask for my beverage. They are organic and have lots of choices. Cute as well

Dallas, Texas
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Phenomenal”
Reviewed 22 January 2014

Amazing food. Enjoyed this smaller venue to the maximum. It was simply splendid. Tiny privately owned restaurant cooked to perfection. Definitely coming back again and again.

Visited January 2014