Monterey Plaza Hotel & Spa
Hotel Pacific(Monterey)
  • Free Internet
Monterey Marriott(Monterey)
5,372 results
All reviewsschooners restaurantduck clubcannery rowocean viewbeautiful hotelsea ottersbell deskvalet parkingturn down servicefire pitvalet servicesound of the wavesresort feewonderful staypebble beachmile drivebig sur
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 7 April 2014

We have stayed here many times and what is consistent is the attentive high level of service. The rooms are conventionally furnished but always neat and clean. The beds are soft but quite comfortable. We have never used the spa facilities. The best part is the location and view. It is a block or two away from the busiest location in town so is relatively quiet. There are not many eating choices; A coffee and pastry bar on the plaza level and their signature restaurant which we have always found to be average to weak. They cannot handle a large number of guests at once such as when there is a conference or event, and the service is not very good for dining. Luckily Monterey has many other dining options (many of which you will have to drive to). If I wanted to stay in the town of Monterey, this is the only hotel I would select.

Room Tip: Rooms either face the plaza and ocean or cannery row. Street side is not bad and relatively quiet. There are three buildings so your room can be a little distant from the lobby. If you want to splurge, the ocean views are worth it. Just beware that it can be foggy for days in Monterey at certain times of year. Spring and fall is always the best.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Russ855
Reviewed 5 April 2014

This was a great stop on our road trip from LA to San Francisco via the Pacific Coast Highway. We spent two nights in 2 rooms. One had an ocean view which is amazing. The other a "garden" view, which is not so great. Our rooms were very large, comfortable and clean. I have only 2 negative comments. One is the pilled, frayed, tacky looking tan "throw" on the end of the beds-get rid of them. The other being the lack of easy access to soda/water. You have to call room service and the minimum was high. The staff is amazing, wait staff at Scooners during breakfast is outstanding. You can walk to all the local attractions i.e. aquarium, wharf, shops, restaurants etc.

Room Tip: Pay the extra for an ocean view!
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank meier5
Reviewed 5 April 2014

Had never been to Monterey before. What a beautiful hotel and great location. Had booked one room with 2 beds but on arrival decided to request 2 adjoining rooms for my husband and I and our 2 kids. The person who checked me in was great and very kindly accommodated my request (I wish I could remember her name - short, petite and dark hair). Hotel was quiet and very relaxing. All the staff were friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 April 2014

We stayed at the Plaza with my Father-in-Law and 8 year old son. We had adjoining rooms that were off a courtyard terrace. The hotel is top-notch with attentive staff, welcoming valet, and a beautiful lobby.
It was nice to be able to open the sliding doors to the courtyard and let our son go back and forth between the two rooms in the morning while we were having coffee and getting ready, and again at bedtime.
There is no better location in my opinion. You are about a three minute walk to the aquarium and the heart of Cannery Row, but just enough off of the main thoroughfare to have quiet and be able to hear the ocean waves. :)
The hotel is on the water and has a spa and lovely restaurants with a farm-to-table focus.
You will not be disappointed!
Worth the price.
We are going again with my folks in two weeks!!

Room Tip: Balcony rooms are worth the money. You are on the water! You want to sit outside and enjoy!!
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Kimberly A
Monterey_Plaza, General Manager at Monterey Plaza Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 7 April 2014

Dear Kimberly,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your stay at Monterey Plaza Hotel & Spa. I’m delighted to read you consider the Plaza the best location in Monterey for you and your family. I enjoyed reading the highlights of your experience. We look forward to your return.

John V. Narigi
Vice President & General Manager
Monterey Plaza Hotel & Plaza

Reviewed 3 April 2014

The hotel is in a perfect location -- perfect. And even though it is in the center of activity, inside the rooms it is quiet and peaceful. The hotel staff is simply wonderful.

One problem: the cleaning standards inside the room are not up to the standards of a luxury hotel. Please fix this Monterey Plaza Hotel. We were thinking of spending Christmas here, but I don't feel comfortable being reminded that someone else had just occupied the room.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your recent review regarding your stay at Monterey Plaza Hotel & Spa. Please accept my sincere apologies for the cleanliness of your guestroom. It is certainly not indicative of our standards. I can assure you that your feedback has been addressed with our Director of Housekeeping. I appreciate your compliments regarding the location, amenities and hotel staff.

I would like to learn more about your experience, if you could please contact me at 831-645-4000 or jnarigi@montereyplazahotel.com. I look forward to hearing from you.

John V. Narigi