Stayed here for 2 nights for our anniversary and upgraded to the spa terrace room. The hotel is very nice and the spa area did look really nice. Our room was nice but for the price you pay it was really small and so was the terrace. The staff were friendly but it did depends who you spoke to. Some were really nice and couldn't do enough for you and others were a bit up themselves - particularly the restaurant booking staff. We booked a table in the morning for our anniversary dinner and we asked for a table by the window but when we got there it was right in the middle of the restaurant. But it seemed busy and they said there were bookings and would move us if they could so that's fine. Our waitress was fantastic and kept apologising (even though it wasn't her fault). The annoying part was as we sat there no one else really came to sit by the window and people left. So overall the hotel is nice with some fantastic staff but has become a bit full of itself. My advice would be to shop around to get better value for your money.
- Location, the views are stunning and it is right in the centre of Monterey
- Restaurant - the food and waiting staff here are fantastic, if you go as a four you may get a window seat!
- Bar, was really relaxing sitting out looking at the views
- Rooms are pretty small
- Staff, some of the staff really don't seem to care
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Perched dramatically on historic beachfront property above the crashing surf of the Pacific, Monterey Plaza Hotel & Spa delights its guests with classic, California coastal experiences animated by an irresistible spirit of conviviality and play. Here you’ll be welcomed with warm hospitality and elegantly-appointed guest rooms with thoughtful extras and luxury touches. From our chef-driven oceanfront restaurant, award-winning rooftop luxury spa and prime location steps from charming Cannery Row, our elegant oceanfront hotel is the centerpiece of Monterey Bay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, Odigeo, Expedia, Ebookers, Cancelon, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L., getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Monterey Plaza Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Monterey Plaza Hotel Monterey
- Monterey Plaza Hotel And Spa
- Monterey Plaza Resort
- Plaza Hotel Monterey