I cannot praise the Monterey Plaza Hotel and the staff enough!!! My husband and I booked a room at the Monterey Plaza Hotel for three nights and our plans were to go to San Francisco for 3 nights. We had a wonderful time at the Monterey Plaza Hotel and in the Monterey area, especially golfing at Pacific Grove Municipal Golf Course. The back 9 are on the ocean, and very beautiful. While I was at the hotel, I had trouble being on the bay, (we had a bay front room) with my asthma. (I am allergic to fish & sea food) Latoya, at the front desk, was so wonderful and helpful. She showed me a few other rooms and let me pick the one I felt most comfortable in. The room we picked was not on the bay, and was bright and perfect for my asthma. We hated to leave Monterey, but had to go to San Francisco, which was a total disaster with my asthma. I called Latoya, "I know the internet tells me you are totally booked, but we need to come back". Latoya said she didn't have the room I was in available, but she did have one room left. (building 3 was ok with my asthma) We booked, and went back to the Monterey Plaza. To my total surprise when we returned to the Monterey Plaza, Latoya had arranged for us to have the same room. THANK YOU, LATOYA, YOUR KINDNESS IS TRULY APPRECIATED!!! The rest of our trip was fantastic, and we are definitely planning a return visit to the Monterey Plaza soon.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Relax on the water's edge at the Monterey Plaza Hotel & Spa. Dramatically perched over the Monterey Bay and located on historic Cannery Row, the Plaza is the perfect place to enjoy the gentle sounds of the surf, the fresh scent of sea air and all of the activities that the Monterey Peninsula has to offer. The only Forbes Four Star rated hotel in Monterey, the Plaza welcomes you with its warm Mediterranean ambiance and its legendary personalized service. While here, enjoy our roof-top Vista Blue Spa, the European-style Café La Strada, and our waterfront restaurant, Schooners Coastal Kitchen & Bar.For the comfort of our guests, all sleeping rooms and balconies are 100% non-smoking. In addition to taxes, a $27 per night resort fee applies to all reservations, which includes valet parking, guestroom internet, access to the spa facilities and local phone calls. Periodically, the Plaza is host to events such as weddings, dinners and concerts which may be seen and heard from sleeping rooms. Every effort is made to keep the times and volume of these events within reason. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Odigeo, Agoda, TravelUp, Traveltool, S.L.U., Cancelon, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Monterey Plaza Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Monterey Plaza Hotel And Spa
- Monterey Plaza Hotel Monterey
- Monterey Plaza Resort
- Plaza Hotel Monterey