Monterey Plaza Hotel & Spa
Hotel Pacific(Monterey)
  • Free Internet
Monterey Marriott(Monterey)
5,367 results
All reviewsschooners restaurantduck clubcannery rowocean viewbeautiful hotelsea ottersbell deskvalet parkingturn down servicefire pitvalet servicesound of the wavesresort feewonderful staypebble beachmile drivebig sur
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 16 July 2014

Very nice hotel with good sized rooms. We had three in a twin queen that was more than adequate. Very well placed for cannery row and the aquarium. Restaurant was good for breakfast and dinner. The shrimp omelette special was a really good start to the day.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 July 2014

I cannot praise the Monterey Plaza Hotel and the staff enough!!! My husband and I booked a room at the Monterey Plaza Hotel for three nights and our plans were to go to San Francisco for 3 nights. We had a wonderful time at the Monterey Plaza Hotel and in the Monterey area, especially golfing at Pacific Grove Municipal Golf Course. The back 9 are on the ocean, and very beautiful. While I was at the hotel, I had trouble being on the bay, (we had a bay front room) with my asthma. (I am allergic to fish & sea food) Latoya, at the front desk, was so wonderful and helpful. She showed me a few other rooms and let me pick the one I felt most comfortable in. The room we picked was not on the bay, and was bright and perfect for my asthma. We hated to leave Monterey, but had to go to San Francisco, which was a total disaster with my asthma. I called Latoya, "I know the internet tells me you are totally booked, but we need to come back". Latoya said she didn't have the room I was in available, but she did have one room left. (building 3 was ok with my asthma) We booked, and went back to the Monterey Plaza. To my total surprise when we returned to the Monterey Plaza, Latoya had arranged for us to have the same room. THANK YOU, LATOYA, YOUR KINDNESS IS TRULY APPRECIATED!!! The rest of our trip was fantastic, and we are definitely planning a return visit to the Monterey Plaza soon.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 July 2014 via mobile

The best thing at this hotel was the bellhop Joseph who really introduced the hotel and the town in a very charming and personal matter. But the rooms are expensive and a little tired and dusty, not much but enough for you feeling you are paying too much. It appears grand at first but just cannot follow through in the details. F.ex. The empty mini bar!! It is not doing the guests any favours... Even though they have had all credit details since booking. I am too old and spoiled for that. It all seemed a little detached. I really wanted it to be better.

Stayed: July 2014
Reviewed 15 July 2014

En route to San Francisco from San Diego my family stayed at the Monterey Plaze Hotel and truly loved every minute of our short one night stay. The hotel is quite large and very well appointed as were the rooms. We did not have an ocean view room and stayed in the wing located across the street from the main entrance. Our room was very large and had a beautiful bathroom and very comfortable beds. The service from the concierge was great and we had a delicious happy hour in the bar from 5:00-6:30 where drinks and delicious bar snacks were $5.00 each. The service in the bar during happy hour was fantastic so I can only imagine it is great anytime. We would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone traveling up the coast.

From the hotel it is a 5 minute walk to Cannery row and a 15 minute walk along a beautiful bike path to Fisherman's Wharf. I must say I expected Monterey to be a bit different -- we found it a bit "cheesy". Compared to Carmel by the Sea, it lacks some charm. However, from the hotel it is a short drive to Carmel and to the beautiful 17 mile drive which takes you through Pebble Beach. Pebble Beach is a must stop to take in the beautiful scenery and also to enjoy lunch on the 18th hole. We will definitely be back!!!

Room Tip: Any room is a good room especially if you are driving up or down the coast like we did and have beautiful ocean views for miles on end.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 July 2014 via mobile

Best location - very convenient yet not among the crowds! It is definitely worth having the ocean view room with a balcony. Kids have do much fun spotting otters out there!!! All the staff whom we met are friendly and helpful. Great restaurant and cafe also. Will certainly return!

• Stayed: July 2014