“4 stars in every way”

Ranked #1 of 56 Hotels in Monterey
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 29 July 2014

Hotel lived up to its stellar reputation. Particularly memorable was the efficient car valet service. We were "in and out" often and the car was waiting after a 5 minute notice. Desk personnel went out of their way to accommodate my request for at least a partial ocean view (late reservation).

Room Tip: Book early to get ocean view. Obviously, those rooms go first
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 29 July 2014

Our family stayed at Monterey Plaza in July, 2014. Perfect location! We walked to Cannery Row, the aquarium, restaurants, shops, and the wharf. In the evening, we sat out on the patio next to the fire! We enjoyed our stay and the employees were all wonderful!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank jberhorst
Reviewed 29 July 2014

My wife and I stayed at the Monterey Plaza in May. It was clean and the room was of average size and amenities. The outdoor hot tub in the spa was pleasant. However, the whole place had a "Disneyland" kind of feel and the food we had in the bar/restaurant was terrible. It seems to cater to families and events like weddings, etc. and may be good for such clientele. If you are looking for a well-appointed or deluxe experience, I would not recommend the Monterey Plaza.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Monterey_Plaza, General Manager at Monterey Plaza Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2014

Thank you for sharing your feedback. Although, I’m glad your experience had some positive aspects, I’m sorry that overall we did not meet your expectations. Your review is helpful and your sentiments have been shared with our team, we can continue to improve.

I would appreciate the opportunity to learn more about your recent stay, if you could please contact me at 831-645-4000 or by email at jnarigi@montereyplazahotel.com. I hope to speak with you soon.

John V. Narigi
Vice President & General Manager

Reviewed 28 July 2014

We had such a wonderful stay at this property!! We stayed in one of their penthouse suites and we absolutely loved it!! It was beautiful, extremely spacious and the beds were super comfortable. Both nights we enjoyed sitting out on the balcony, which overlooks the water… so relaxing!
Not only is it a gorgeous property, but the staff was also very friendly, helpful and very accommodating. Amazing place!!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Kerstin B

Dear Kerstin,

Thank you for sharing your compliments regarding your recent stay at Monterey Plaza Hotel & Spa. I am pleased you had an enjoyable visit. It is wonderful to enjoy the natural beauty of the Monterey Bay. We are fortunate to have such incredible views. I value your sentiments regarding our staff and service. I have shared your review with our team. I hope to welcome you back in the future.

John V. Narigi
Vice President & General Manager

Reviewed 28 July 2014

My wife and I have never been to California and booked the Moneterey Plaza on a referral from a friend. All of the staff were extremely friendly and helpful from the minute we drove up. The resort is right on the water with spectacular views. The room was well appointed and clean. I would highly recommend this hotel mostly for couples.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Brian K
Reviewed 26 July 2014 via mobile

We loved this place.
Perfect location, right on Cannery Row, great views over ocean and Monterey Bay.
Hotel is modern and lovely, bedrooms are good size, beds are fantastically comfortable, staff are courteous and helpful.
There is a Peets coffee place on site with a wonderful terrace overlooking the sea. Peets does the best coffee in California (I love coffee. We are on a 2 week driving holiday so I have tried lots of places. I now go out of my way to find a Peets!)

Stayed: July 2014
3  Thank perrygeoff
Reviewed 26 July 2014 via mobile

Our first two nights were very good here at this hotel. Great location for kayaking, short walk to the aquarium and a short drive to Carmel and a little further to Big Sur. Hotel was really nice, well appointed and service was excellent. Their restaurant was really very good for breakfast. We really lined the gym overlooking the Bay. We would recommend a stay here.

Stayed: July 2014