Monterey Plaza Hotel & Spa
The Stevenson Monterey(Monterey)(Great Value!)
US$132
US$256
US$211
Hotels.com
  • Breakfast included
Casa Munras Garden Hotel & Spa(Monterey)
US$222
Monterey Bay Inn(Monterey)
US$255
  • Breakfast included
Monterey Bay Lodge(Monterey)(Great Value!)
US$149
US$139
Travelocity
5,372 results
All reviewsschooners restaurantduck clubcannery rowocean viewbeautiful hotelsea ottersbell deskvalet parkingturn down servicefire pitvalet servicesound of the wavesresort feewonderful staypebble beachmile drivebig sur
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 8 August 2014

We spent 2 fabulous nights at this gorgeous hotel. The highlight was sitting on the balcony observing the seals and otters play. They even provide binoculars. It was such a tranquil, gorgeous setting. Also walking distance to many great restaurants, shops and the famous Monterey Aquarium. Highly recommended!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 August 2014

My husband had a conference here so our room rate was reasonable. It sits right on the water and is very beautiful and upscale. Our room opened to a plush courtyard, had coffee maker , fridge , spa bath products , robe , safe , etc. everything you would expect from a upscale hotel. Schooners restaurant is in this hotel ( see my review in restaurants) . The resort fee includes use of the spa, exercise facilities, valet parking, internet ,and business center. Everyone we encountered was extremely nice and helpful especially Joseph (bell desk) LaToya and Merci (front desk) . They had smiling faces always made sure we had directions etc. whenever we asked a question it was as though it was the first time they had been asked and answered with patience and enthusiasm. Splurge and stay here !

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 August 2014

My husband and our two sons 26 and 21yrs old stayed at the Monterey Plaza 7/21 thru 7/24/14. The hotel and its staff exceeded our expectations. The staff....and I mean every person we came in contact with was professional, courteous, and went out of their way to help in any way that they could.

We had an Ocean front room and I can tell you that it is well worth the extra expense to sit and watch otters and sealions right outside your window.

And while you are there walk down to the pier and get a really close look at the sea lions and otters they are just beautiful!!!

Schooners Restaurant is also fabulous! And the Sandwich shop for breakfast and lunch is great for a quick fresh made grab and go! or sit out on the porch and watch the sealife!

Just cant say enough about this area and in particular this hotel.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 August 2014

Anniversary Trip. Splurge. Memorable Scenery. Excellent Food. Service was just OK for the rate. Kinda noisy. Great Location for the Aquarium. Bedding was excellent as was the bath. Very Clean.
Close to shopping.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank AirforceBabe80
Reviewed 6 August 2014 via mobile

Decided to take the family to Monterey for the weekend to get out of the Fresno heat. Being new to CA we thought it would be a great trip. For the most part it was a huge disappointment.
The hotel was very well appointed. The staff was good but not great.
The biggest disappointment was the cost to value ratio. We reserved a king room w/ ocean view and a balcony. The rate given was $550 plus $27 for parking and internet.
This is an acceptable price if you actually have a room w/ an ocean/bay view. Our view was looking back at shore and at a large part of the hotel. We were looking back at the rooms that truly did have an ocean/bay view. The people staying in these rooms were obviously w/ one of the few weddings taking place at the hotel. I'm glad these folks were having a good time. (I would have been doing the same.) I just wish they had not been doing across from my balcony (which by the way was VERY tiny). We wanted to fall asleep to the sounds of the bay. I guess that wasn't in the cards. We ended up having to close the balcony doors because of the noise.
And to top it all off Cannery Row was a HUGE let down. It's several blocks of t shirt shops and bad souvenirs. Everything there is over crowded, overpriced and cheap and cheesy.
The aquarium is the one saving grace. It was very much worth the trip.
We won't be making the trip to Monterey again anytime soon. If we do it will be just for the day. Then we will go stay elsewhere.

Stayed: August 2014
1  Thank Jason T
Monterey_Plaza, General Manager at Monterey Plaza Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2014

Dear Jason,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay. Please accept my sincere apologies that your expectations were not met. We are very sorry to learn that you did not find value in your accommodations. I appreciate your detailed feedback and your concerns that involve the hotel will be addressed. Yes, Cannery Row is a busy area and is a tourist destination. I’m glad to hear that you enjoyed the Aquarium.

I would appreciate the opportunity to personally discuss your experience. When you have a moment, please contact me at 831-645-4000 or by email at jnarigi@montereyplazahotel.com.

John V. Narigi