I am really fond of this hotel -- I lived in it for nearly two years in the late 90s and still return to it whenever I go to Monterey. I stay here unless there's no room available. The rooms are not fancy but each one has a balcony or porch, and each has a gas fireplace which can be great. Whenever I arrive I have a bottle of water or half bottle of champagne and a nice note card awaiting me. The hotel is NOT downtown, which I consider a strength. It is a short walk to the Aquarium, Cannery Row, Fisherman's Wharf, Maritime Museum, several good restaurants (Gianni's Pizza, Loose Noodle Pasta, Trailside Cafe, Chart House, etc.), Baskin-Robbins (!), Starbucks, a large drugstore, convenience store and gas station, Blue Fin billiards (a nice place to have a beer and shoot pool), and the oceanfront. It isn't all that long of a walk to town either (along the water, then up by the Doubletree). They have a good breakfast in the morning and an afternoon wine/cheese reception every day. No pool, but a hot tub (and why hang at the pool when you are in Monterey where it is almost criminal not to be out and about). The staff is always very nice and the prices, while rarely low, are decent.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience the tranquility of a seaside vacation when you stay at the BEST WESTERN PLUS Victorian Inn. Bike along scenic coastal shores, kayak in the bay, sample some of the world's best wines, go whale watching, or picnic and fly kites on sun drenched beaches. Explore the Monterey Bay Aquarium and the unique shops and restaurants along Cannery Row, all within walking distance of our intimate hotel. Rest in accommodations with in-room marble fireplaces, and private patios, balconies or window seats where you can soak up ocean breezes. Our charming Central Coast property offers oversized guestrooms and suites perfect for couples, families and other groups, with full-sized living rooms, and sleeper sofas. All guests enjoy a complimentary deluxe continental breakfast and evening wine and cheese reception featuring award-winning wines, daily. Soak up the serenity of the sea and explore the best of California's Central Coast when you plan your next escape, from wine tastings, to bike rentals, pet pampering and beach side weekend getaways. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L., Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Best Western Plus Victorian Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Plus Victorian Hotel Monterey
- Best Western Victorian Hotel
- Best Western Monterey
- Monterey Best Western