Best Western Plus Victorian Inn
Hotel Pacific(Monterey)
  • Free Internet
Monterey Marriott(Monterey)
1,904 results
All reviewswine and cheesecannery rowgreat locationfoam streetwithin walking distancegas fireplaceparking feecrackerstwo sinksfamily suiteevery afternoontwo blocksbest westernsthe monterey bay aquariumsmall balconynice breakfastcontinental breakfast
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 27 September 2011

I just stayed here for 6 nights on business and was very pleased with the amenities. I have stayed here once before several years ago and was happy to be able to return...I was not disappointed. Their system must have noted that I was a repeat customer, as I was welcomed back with a small bottle of wine and glasses in my room.

My luggage was delayed, and the staff was sympathetic and supportive, offering to call the airlines for me. Also helpful with restaurant reservations.

My room faced the courtyard, which I had requested so as not to have the street noise of the front rooms. I had a floor above me, but that was not noisy either. A delightful balcony, room and bathroom both very clean and spacious. Bed and bedding very comfortable. The gas fireplace was a cozy addition and easy to operate.

Breakfast is full, fresh, plentiful, with an array of toasts, bagels, muffins, fresh fruits, cereals hot and cold, juices, and a covered hot dish (sometime eggs, sometimes french toast). If there isn't a table available for you in the charming dining area, you may ask for a tray to take your meal back up to your room.

The grounds are kept neat and clean. There is an outdoor jacuzzi which I didn't try. Cannery Row is within easy walking distance, just a couple blocks away. I walked daily into downtown Monterey along the scenic waterfront walking and bike path, which took 20 minutes. I highly recommend the pasta house restaurant just around the corner, The Loose Noodle. The hotel will give you a coupon for a free dessert there.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 26 September 2011

All staff were pleasant and helpful. The breakfast and afternoon wine and cheese were very good. Room was spacious and well decorated. I left part of my camera charger there. I called the day after we checked out and they located it immediately. I received it in the mail at my home the day after returning from the trip. Can't beat that service. Also very close to Cannery Row and the Aquarium so no need to drive there. I would definitely recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Our room was on the third floor on the back of the building and it was very quiet.
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 September 2011

Hotel was clean and close to all major attractions.
No need to take car out of garage.
Room is large.
Staff very helpful with all questions.
There is a $13.00 parking fee per night and a tax of $15.78 per night.

Room Tip: Room on top floor facing Foam street. Room has vaulted ceiling.
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 September 2011

The entire staff regardless of time of day was excellent. Very helpful in giving directions and suggestions on several places to eat. The continental breakfast and afternoon wine & cheese was very good. I really enjoyed my stay there

• Stayed: May 2011
Reviewed 21 September 2011

A small group of us chose to spend six nights in Monterey for our 40th reunion. It was a good choice. The location was very good, we enjoyed being close to the wonderful walking trail. We could also walk to the aquarium and good restaurants. The room was a nice size and we particularly enjoyed having the fireplace in the room. Parking was very convienent ($15/nite fee). Breakfast was not much to write home about, but there were a couple of nice restaurants serving breakfast close by.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with friends