Nice hotel staff upon arrival. Due to the car we were driving, we were unable to park in the underground garage and they suggested a parking space right behind the hotel lobby. There is a $13 nightly parking fee.
Our room was on the 2nd floor and the hotel hallways are well secured, needing a room "key" to enter each section.
Our room was large, but smelled terrible! We opened doors to air it out, while the housekeeping mgr sprayed the furniture with lemon Pledge to try to help. She said it was from the disinfectant they spray the carpet with. Actually it smelled like the vacumm bag and filter needed changing. The closet smelled the worst and we didn't hang any clothes in there because of that.
They brought us a tray with a small bottle of nice wine, a small box of chocolates, and some Perrier water. I think it was a peace offering.
We booked this room last minute (through an agent: Resort2me) during the busiest weekend of the year and I am embarrased to admit we paid $$$$ (read: Way Too Much!) for the room.
The breakfast was adequate. They had hard boiled eggs and sausage for those of us watching our carb intake. Lots of bagel, toast, and muffin choices for everyone else, but the pre-made omelets didn't look edible.
The bed was less than comfortable and although they had many pillows to choose from, there wasn't an extra blanket provided, which we could have used.
The neighborhood is shabby but convenient for walking to attractions and restaurants. The Sardine Factory is only 2 blocks away.
Note: This is not a B&B in a Victorian Inn...only the Lobby and Dining Area are in the old house. The rooms are in a relatively modern hotel/motel type building.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience the tranquility of a seaside vacation when you stay at the BEST WESTERN PLUS Victorian Inn. Bike along scenic coastal shores, kayak in the bay, sample some of the world's best wines, go whale watching, or picnic and fly kites on sun drenched beaches. Explore the Monterey Bay Aquarium and the unique shops and restaurants along Cannery Row, all within walking distance of our intimate hotel. Rest in accommodations with in-room marble fireplaces, and private patios, balconies or window seats where you can soak up ocean breezes. Our charming Central Coast property offers oversized guestrooms and suites perfect for couples, families and other groups, with full-sized living rooms, and sleeper sofas. All guests enjoy a complimentary deluxe continental breakfast and evening wine and cheese reception featuring award-winning wines, daily. Soak up the serenity of the sea and explore the best of California's Central Coast when you plan your next escape, from wine tastings, to bike rentals, pet pampering and beach side weekend getaways. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Odigeo, Ebookers, Hotels.com, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Best Western Plus Victorian Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Plus Victorian Hotel Monterey
- Best Western Victorian Hotel
- Best Western Monterey
- Monterey Best Western