Stayed here for two nights as part of our Californian tour, and we were very pleased with our choice! It is in a great position in Monterey, being just two blocks and a five minute walk from Cannery Row, and a fifteen minute walk to Fishermans Wharf down a pedestrian/cycle only pathway.
The staff here are extremely friendly and helpful especially on reception- we had let them know that it was our wedding anniversary whilst we were there and both staff on duty when we arrived congratulated us as soon as they heard our name, before they'd even checked their records - we were most impressed, and even more so when they sent a complimentary bottle of wine plus chocolates to our room!!
The room was large with a King bed which was extremely comfortable, and a good sized bathroom plus an extra sink area within the bedroom- strange but useful!! Everything was clean and the furniture in good condition and it was in keeping with the Victorian feel of the hotel and we had no complaints! There was also a balcony with table and chairs which overlooked the inner courtyard, but also the walkways around the rooms, so whilst being a welcome addition it certainly wasn't private. Our room was adjacent to an outside door to other rooms and we thought that we would hear a lot of noise, but this wasn't the case and it was very quiet day and night!
Continental breakfast was included in the price which was more than adequate, and there was a cheese and wine hour every afternoon which was a great chance to meet other guests. There is a large garage underneath the hotel, but it does cost $13 per night , one of my major hotel complaints, you pay enough for the room so it should be included.
So all in all very pleased with our stay and yes we would stay there again if in the area, which is always the best test of any hotel!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience the tranquility of a seaside vacation when you stay at the BEST WESTERN PLUS Victorian Inn. Bike along scenic coastal shores, kayak in the bay, sample some of the world's best wines, go whale watching, or picnic and fly kites on sun drenched beaches. Explore the Monterey Bay Aquarium and the unique shops and restaurants along Cannery Row, all within walking distance of our intimate hotel. Rest in accommodations with in-room marble fireplaces, and private patios, balconies or window seats where you can soak up ocean breezes. Our charming Central Coast property offers oversized guestrooms and suites perfect for couples, families and other groups, with full-sized living rooms, and sleeper sofas. All guests enjoy a complimentary deluxe continental breakfast and evening wine and cheese reception featuring award-winning wines, daily. Soak up the serenity of the sea and explore the best of California's Central Coast when you plan your next escape, from wine tastings, to bike rentals, pet pampering and beach side weekend getaways. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Best Western Plus Victorian Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Plus Victorian Hotel Monterey
- Best Western Victorian Hotel
- Best Western Monterey
- Monterey Best Western