We stayed at the Best Western early October and had a wonderful time. The rooms were clean and large with cathedral ceilings and a great marble fireplace. The front desk staff were extremely knowledgeable and friendly. We had Jacqueline mostly and she gave us great advice on attractions, restaurants, and directions. We were also able to get tickets for the aquarium there which allows you to bypass the long lines at the aquarium. I would not recommend the aquarium, as a sidebar, was not that big or impressive.
The Best Western breakfast was very good, substantial. The other piece of advice is that the hotel is hard to get to depending where you are...there are several parallel roads that do not allow you to turn left and have to go farther out of your way to get back to the hotel so...use wave street when you are nearby.
Parking costs $13/night which is a disappointment that it is not free but it is a parking garage which is nice.
There are restaurants you can walk to near the hotel...Bulldog British Pub was wonderful and had mostly locals there playing cards and food great!.
All in all a great place.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience the tranquility of a seaside vacation when you stay at the BEST WESTERN PLUS Victorian Inn. Bike along scenic coastal shores, kayak in the bay, sample some of the world's best wines, go whale watching, or picnic and fly kites on sun drenched beaches. Explore the Monterey Bay Aquarium and the unique shops and restaurants along Cannery Row, all within walking distance of our intimate hotel. Rest in accommodations with in-room marble fireplaces, and private patios, balconies or window seats where you can soak up ocean breezes. Our charming Central Coast property offers oversized guestrooms and suites perfect for couples, families and other groups, with full-sized living rooms, and sleeper sofas. All guests enjoy a complimentary deluxe continental breakfast and evening wine and cheese reception featuring award-winning wines, daily. Soak up the serenity of the sea and explore the best of California's Central Coast when you plan your next escape, from wine tastings, to bike rentals, pet pampering and beach side weekend getaways. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly, HotelsClick, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Best Western Plus Victorian Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Plus Victorian Hotel Monterey
- Best Western Victorian Hotel
- Best Western Monterey
- Monterey Best Western