We stayed two nights at this Inn at the start of October.
It is easily reached travelling into Monterey from the north, located on Foam Street which runs one way to the south. It is well placed about 2 blocks back, and within short walking distance, from Cannery Row. It has a large basement car park which is accessed from Foam Street. There are no designated carparks but on check-in you receive a parking pass to display on the car dash during your stay. There is a single (and somewhat slow) elevator from the basement to the upper levels but there is no trouble in getting luggage from the car to your room.
The check in desk and breakfast room is in a separate building from the accommodation, but again is easily accessible from the carpark.
Accommodation is in several blocks on two levels. The corridors look to have been refurbished recently and our room itself was very nicely set up and appointed. It had a gas open fireplace, ample work space and a bathroom and dressing area which allowed for one person to attend to showering while another dressed or dealt with make-up etc.
The bed in our room was king sized with mock period touches such as the head board, light fittings and side cabinets. This is probably not to everyone's taste but was in keeping with the "Victorian" theme of decoration. A small balcony was accessed off the sitting room.
Breakfast was served each morning in a room adjacent to the check-in desk and was limited but adequate. Juice/coffee/tea was available along with most options for a continental breakfast. It paid to be there on time because the staff seemed a little slow to replenish stock when it had been eaten.
Free wi-fi was available and easily connected to and a full package of television and movie entertainment was provided on demand.
The Inn was exactly as advertised, consistent with a dependable brand like Best Western. It was a comfortable and welcoming stop during our trip.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience the tranquility of a seaside vacation when you stay at the BEST WESTERN PLUS Victorian Inn. Bike along scenic coastal shores, kayak in the bay, sample some of the world's best wines, go whale watching, or picnic and fly kites on sun drenched beaches. Explore the Monterey Bay Aquarium and the unique shops and restaurants along Cannery Row, all within walking distance of our intimate hotel. Rest in accommodations with in-room marble fireplaces, and private patios, balconies or window seats where you can soak up ocean breezes. Our charming Central Coast property offers oversized guestrooms and suites perfect for couples, families and other groups, with full-sized living rooms, and sleeper sofas. All guests enjoy a complimentary deluxe continental breakfast and evening wine and cheese reception featuring award-winning wines, daily. Soak up the serenity of the sea and explore the best of California's Central Coast when you plan your next escape, from wine tastings, to bike rentals, pet pampering and beach side weekend getaways. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), Agoda, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L., getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Best Western Plus Victorian Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Plus Victorian Hotel Monterey
- Best Western Victorian Hotel
- Best Western Monterey
- Monterey Best Western