Our room was clean and attractive, well above average. The desk staff was efficient and friendly. It should have been pleasant stay, but it wasn’t.
After you’ve made your reservations, they add $14.00 per night for parking. This was not shown during the process of reserving the room and not listed on the email confirmation from Best Western, which specifically said that there will be no additional fees at check-in. I eventually got the parking fee removed but not without some aggravation.
The Best Western site lists free high speed internet. Internet is free, but high speed costs $3.99 a day extra.
Our room had a nice gas fireplace. The instructions were in a dark corner attached to the wall just above floor level. The only thing I could read was “STOP – IMPORTANT Use Fireplace at Your Own Risk! Read Instructions Completely Before Proceeding!”.
After checking in, you are expected to schlep your parking permit back out to the car. They have a disclaimer on the front of the card, followed by “PLEASE READ TERMS ON REVERSE”. The reverse is blank.
Their breakfast room is too small for the number of people trying to use it and the problem was aggravated by having some of the table space occupied by dirty dishes. There is no provision for guests to clear tables themselves.
This is a nice enough hotel, but they should be up-front about the parking fee and I don’t think it’s being well managed.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience the tranquility of a seaside vacation when you stay at the BEST WESTERN PLUS Victorian Inn. Bike along scenic coastal shores, kayak in the bay, sample some of the world's best wines, go whale watching, or picnic and fly kites on sun drenched beaches. Explore the Monterey Bay Aquarium and the unique shops and restaurants along Cannery Row, all within walking distance of our intimate hotel. Rest in accommodations with in-room marble fireplaces, and private patios, balconies or window seats where you can soak up ocean breezes. Our charming Central Coast property offers oversized guestrooms and suites perfect for couples, families and other groups, with full-sized living rooms, and sleeper sofas. All guests enjoy a complimentary deluxe continental breakfast and evening wine and cheese reception featuring award-winning wines, daily. Soak up the serenity of the sea and explore the best of California's Central Coast when you plan your next escape, from wine tastings, to bike rentals, pet pampering and beach side weekend getaways. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, Hotels.com, HotelsClick, Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L., getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Best Western Plus Victorian Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Plus Victorian Hotel Monterey
- Best Western Victorian Hotel
- Best Western Monterey
- Monterey Best Western