“EXCELLENT PLACE FOR BUSINESS and FAMILY TRAVEL”

Best Western Plus Victorian Inn
Ranked #7 of 56 Hotels in Monterey
Reviewed 9 July 2014

I travel to Salinas at least 3 times a month for business but I prefer staying in Monterey. The Victorian Inn is always my first choice. The staff is EXTREMELY accomodating and always very friendly. They have a wine and cheese happy hour in the afternoon and breakfast in the morning. My room has always been extremely clean. It is in a great location and you can walk down to Fishermans Wharf and the Aquarium. I love that they have underground parking (for a nominal fee) which is cheaper than other hotels nearby AND you do not need to valet park your car.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Chrissy449
Inns_of_Monterey, Manager at Best Western Plus Victorian Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 16 July 2014

We are very appreciative of your thoughtful review and want to thank you for always choosing to stay with us during your business travels. We are happy to hear that the convenience of our complimentary breakfast, wine and cheese receptions, location, and parking garage make your business trips more pleasant. Thank you again and we hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Management of the Inns of Monterey

Write a ReviewReviews (1,843)

Reviewed 9 July 2014

It was my girlfriend's birthday and I wanted to take her to Monterrey CA. I called the hotel on the phone and made a reservation for the same day right there and then. Brandon at the front desk took the call and he was accommodating and very helpful. I happened to mention that it was Cyn's birthday so he added that the hotel will place a complementary bottle of wine and a happy birthday card and they will upgrade our room two levels up. Sure enough when we got to the room a couple of hours later it was all there. We will be back

Room Tip: This is a hotel that truly tries to serve the customers. I believe if you have special requests, the...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

We are all thrilled to find out that your girlfriend’s birthday was enjoyable and that Brandon was able to assist in making it the perfect stay. We will be sure to pass on your kind comments to him and hope to see you both for another memorable stay.

Reviewed 7 July 2014

I spent July fourth weekend with my son, daughter-in-law and their one year old baby visiting Monterey. We stayed at this hotel. I wasn't too sure whether to give Best Western a 4 or 5 star rating. On one hand it is the Best Western, without the fancy toiletry, shower caps,..etc; at $300 plus per night. On the other hand it is ultra clean (my grandson crawled all over the place including under the bathroom sink and in all 3 rooms/suite we stayed, it is spotlessly clean). But what finally prompt me to give it a 5 rating is the people who worked there.

We made our booking rather late and was fortunate to have gotten 2 separate rooms for our first night and a king-size suite for the second night. I thought the room charge was a bit high, but I guess it is the market rate here in Monterey. The hotel is an easy walk to the Aquarium, shopping and many excellent restaurants. The area is very lovely and the hotel has a well kept garden. But what really made the difference is the friendliness of the people who worked there. Many hotels have polite staff who would put on perfunctory smiles, but at the Best Western Victorian Inn I get a sense they genuinely want to make your stay as pleasant as it could be. I remember how the lady who served us breakfast each morning, who's face lit up each time I thanked her. Usually when I thank some one, I get a 'you are welcome' and perhaps a smile back; but this woman's face really beamed with genuine pleasure and surprise! And Brandon at the front desk really went out of his way to serve us. After the first night when we checked out of our rooms and getting ready to go to the Aquarium at 10AM, Brandon ran to the garage to let us know that our new suite is cleaned and ready. The next morning on my way to breakfast, I mentioned to him that I might have left my facial cleanser in the previous room, he had the house keeping staff tracked it done and delivered it to me in the breakfast room. He did it with such ease as if it was just some everyday occurrence. Needless to say I was both impressed and very grateful.

We had such a wonderful time visiting Monterey and vicinity. Having a nice pleasant and comfortable room to return to every day no doubt had enhanced our enjoyment. I don't think anyone could have asked for more!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Showchia H
Inns_of_Monterey, Manager at Best Western Plus Victorian Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 10 July 2014

Thank you so much for your kind review and for recognizing our service staff. We realize that our staffs hard work is a large part of what makes our hotel unique, and I am happy to pass along your comments to the individuals you mentioned. It has been our mission to provide an environment dedicated to personal and attentive service, and it is wonderful to hear that our hotel and our staff has been able to make such a positive lasting impression. We all look forward to welcoming you back in the near future and providing you with another memorable stay!

Reviewed 7 July 2014

The Victorian looks a bit old from the outside, but the rooms are nicely decorated and feel recently renovated. Walking distance to Cannery Row and cute shops. Bonus points for wine and cheese in the evening and a hot breakfast, both included with the room.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Lisa B
Reviewed 6 July 2014

What a cute hotel on the outside. Friendly staff on the inside and nice room with a fireplace and patio ( two awesome extras). Breakfast was good, great restaurants for dinner within walking distance. Wine and cheese happy hour at hotel ( so much to see in area, we never made it back in time for this, but thought it was a nice extra.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 July 2014

Excellent hotel and staff was great. Location was perfect. 3 short blocks to Aquarium, block from two very good restaurants, the Chart House and Scooners. Balcony was nice. Room 225 on Street side was a little noisy at 8am, but not bad and there was view of the Ocean.

Reviewed 3 July 2014

Very helpful & friendly staff, god location, good bed...a vacation can be ruined by a bad bed, clean, nice breakfast, wine and cheese tasting was nice. We've stayed there a few times and have never been disappointed. We'll definitely will return again.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

We are so appreciative of you review and want to thank you for taking the time to do so. Thank you for continually choosing us as your hotel of choice while in Monterey. We all look forward to the opportunity to welcome you back for another relaxing stay.