This hotel is located just one block off Cannery Row, convenient to the Aquarium, Cannery Row shops and restaurants, and surrey bike rentals.
While the decor (interior and exterior) is seriously dated, the hotel is clean, the staff is incredibly and helpful. The lobby has a computer where you can print tickets to attractions for free, which is a nice perk.
Wifi was also included in the room rate.
Parking is an additional $15/night, but the garage is just below ground level, covered, with ample spots, and monitored enough by the always-busy housekeeping staff whose hub is located in the same area.
We requested a room with a patio, and got a courtyard view on the ground level. The rooms are large and spacious, the beds are very comfortable, and there is a fireplace in the room! What a nice perk.
We enjoyed the hot breakfast, included with the room rate, and the ability to take to the food back to our room. The breakfast included eggs, sausage, fruit, cereal, toast, juices, milk and coffee.
We only stayed one night in the middle of a summer week, and, while we noticed other travelers, the rooms were relatively quiet. We could hear the guests in the room above us throughout the evening in what seemed to be a stomping activity, but eventually they quieted down, too. We never complained to the management, but I am sure they would've been helpful if we'd needed to.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience the tranquility of a seaside vacation when you stay at the BEST WESTERN PLUS Victorian Inn. Bike along scenic coastal shores, kayak in the bay, sample some of the world's best wines, go whale watching, or picnic and fly kites on sun drenched beaches. Explore the Monterey Bay Aquarium and the unique shops and restaurants along Cannery Row, all within walking distance of our intimate hotel. Rest in accommodations with in-room marble fireplaces, and private patios, balconies or window seats where you can soak up ocean breezes. Our charming Central Coast property offers oversized guestrooms and suites perfect for couples, families and other groups, with full-sized living rooms, and sleeper sofas. All guests enjoy a complimentary deluxe continental breakfast and evening wine and cheese reception featuring award-winning wines, daily. Soak up the serenity of the sea and explore the best of California's Central Coast when you plan your next escape, from wine tastings, to bike rentals, pet pampering and beach side weekend getaways. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Ebookers, Priceline, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Best Western Plus Victorian Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Plus Victorian Hotel Monterey
- Best Western Victorian Hotel
- Best Western Monterey
- Monterey Best Western